Friday 23 April 2010

A Guild Is Born


SirDarth attempted another overnight pet-levelling session, on Sarissa-4. I tucked him away in a secluded corner of Merac with a bandit or two, with some berserkers close by, but when I checked later he had been ks'd, so probably lost a couple of hours just standing there. So, I moved him across to the north-east, and his pair of bandits there, and he went through the rest of the night safely and productively, with the horse reaching level 29 before breakfast time.

After breakfast I was sitting in the same room as the computers, reading the newspaper, when I noticed that the computer screen seemed to be a bit livelier than it should have been - and an "elite bloody outlaw", the boss version of a blood frenzy, was fighting Darth and his horse, with the horse's health already down to 37%. While I'd not been looking, some little rascal had lured Darth's bandit in the direction of Mystic Swamp, with Darth and his pet automatically following, and then brought in the boss monster.

So, I unequipped the horse and equipped SirDarth's sword, and made relatively short work of the elite bloody outlaw, even though it was a couple of levels higher than him...and then went the short distance back to his fighting spot, unequipped the sword and re-equipped the horse, and got back to work.

MistressDomino had a quieter time of it, in merchant mode in Randol on Auzura-5. People seem willing to buy Hallowe'en candy for 395,000 gold, I see, which seems strange to me, I wish I had more of it left; the main sales were of experience boosters, someone bought a hundred at 1,740,000 each, which is quite an investment to make, I hope they go up a few levels. Before coffee, someone bought fifty skill point boosters too, though it still leaves me a long way short of getting any more new armour for Rage, if I want it to be "b5e" and highly-plussed.

While I did have a few interruptions, there was just time for RedRydeR to use the last of her beginner pssps in Prokion Temple on Cariae-4 before lunch. 1.69% experience was got, along with 39 guild points - and 197 skill points, which takes Red back over the 15k mark.

Galahad provided the solo party while working on the drake, and SirDarth was able to join in too, on Sarissa-4, during lunch. Darth did get ks'd a couple more times. I saw the second time, a titan arrived on a purple dragon, killed the two bandits, and hurried off - at least I got the 563 gold the bandits dropped, as he didn't stick around. "Evil little richard", I commented...

One server where I don't do much is Hatzring, so I decided that it was about time I got myself a pet-leveller over there. To that end, I logged in my level 2 knight LordDarth on Hatzring-5, and, once I'd joined a solo party, proceeded to do the early deer, fox and wolf quests. At level 7 I teleported to Dratan, and, as I'd got a pan flute as a drop, and talked to Lorraine, Archaeologist Jajan was happy to give me my own little pony. I made the run out to Prokion Temple, and added the location of its entrance to LordDarth's memory scroll (as well as, en route, Shuraine's oasis); going inside, I didn't really feel up to fighting level 17 ghouls in my starter armour, but I managed to pick up some unwanted gold drops close to the starting hallway - plus, at great personal risk, a drake egg and a tool aid.

Once LordDarth had reached level 8, back fighting the berserk wolves, and then the jaguars, in Juno, I switched from him to a level 8 mage over on Hatzring, Enchantra, and, doing the "Necklace of Geres" repeatable quest to collect jaguar claws, managed to reach level 10 just before the early evening food break. This means that she will be able to go into merchant mode and sell items, which is useful - and it also meant, as she had managed to acquire just over 10,000 gold, helped along by the 500 reward each time from the Geres quest, that she was able to officially start the Discipline guild on Hatzring. It's only level one, but hey, it's a start...

After the food break, I had time to get LordDarth to level 10 as well, mainly on the jaguar-killing quest, before 6:30pm, UK time, approached, when a "Pharaoh's Treasure" event was scheduled to start on Auzura-4. Kaerella logged in over there, and headed out into Juno ready.

I actually started my ride around very close to where the treasure turned out to be. But as it was, I passed half a dozen spots full of sphinx fighters and their friends before the announcement of the correct location came up - the place not to far from Hunter Dranore, close to where [GM]Valsharyn holds her low-level Mad Monster Spawns. So, I used my Juno NPC scroll to teleport to Dranore, and quickly rode to where the loot was.

It was [GM]Valsharyn in charge; she vanished for some weeks so that every event was conducted by [GM]Noboru, and now it seems the situation has been reversed. The loot was generous, but the Pharaoh, as he has tended to do recently, sent some fairly tough monsters to us. If things go on like that, I think Rage may have to replace Kaerella as my representative, since she'd be less vulnerable, and more of a help in the fights.

Still, the danger of the monsters was reflected in the generosity of the loot drops, so we did pretty well for the usual items. As Val commented, she was careful to spawn the monsters far enough away from where we all were that people who were low level could choose whether or not to wade in. And when things ended there and Val left, it was time for me to think of which lucky characters were going to have the main evening session...

So, rather than teaming up my level 27 Kaerella with my level 37 rogue on Sarissa, for a change I teamed up my level 29 Kaerella with my level 39 rogue, Memree, over on Tairen-5. The usual procedure was followed, with a combat party, the Elizabeth's Enhancement buff, and a trip to Prokion Temple, where I was again lucky, finding the back room free.

At level 39, the reward that my rogue gets is a bit lower than it was a level or two earlier, but it is still a useful way to add to Memree's skill points. Over two and a half hours Memree added 10.48% and 232 guild points for Discipline, while Kaerella added 8.95% and 34 guild points - and they each gained 227 skill points.

The special event tonight, voted for on the forum, was apparently going to be "GM Versus the Players", which got 60% of the vote - or nine votes, compared to five for a Storm the Castle (including mine), and just a single vote for "Race to the Finish"...so not a huge number of people found that forum thread, it seems. I suppose the announcements about the event were only made on the appropriate server, whenever the event was held, so I missed it, which, given that "GM Versus the Players" is just a confusing melee in the arena followed by a loot spawn under the feet of some flutons, is no big deal.

MistressDomino logged in on Auzura-5, to do some overnight selling; Kaerella traded across her newly-acquired loot, and then SirDarth logged in on Sarissa-4, with the hope of getting his horse to level 30 before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment