Saturday 1 August 2009

The Poison Mists

SirDarth did his drake-levelling through the night pretty well; towards the end someone did come along and kill his Berserker, but it wasn't very long before I was able to get him back into action. SirPerivale joined in before breakfast, and the pair of them had pretty much an uninterrupted run until after lunch, as I was busy downstairs getting things ready for tomorrow.

Moving on from getting the +10 armour sets, my other priority at the moment is to get MistressDomina, my wizard, or my main wizard I should say as MistressBlaze is set up similarly, but without the reserves of skill points, up a level. At 38 she is now too high to get any useful amount of experience from the Orc Sergeants in Prokion Temple, so it was definitely time to turn my attention to the level 39 Poison Mists down south of the Temple, preferably including the Elite Poison Mist, which gives three times as much experience as its neighbours, a little bit more skill experience, and sometimes even drops ready-plussed items.

A knight called augustus was there when I teleported in, using my memory scroll, but didn't stay long. After a while xXArcheonXx got in touch, the founder (under his xXAcheronXx name) of the guild that Rage is in, NefariousShadows. He had hoped to find the guild's current GM online, but she wasn't around; I think he had some skill points going spare, and intended to upgrade the guild by a level.

Sadly, Arch seems to have fallen out of love with Last Chaos at the moment, so we won't be seeing much of him for a while. The lure of a sunny summer, and playing another of Aeria's games, 12 Sky 2, is taking him away from us. Which is a shame, as he's always been a fun person to be around...

A rogue called "cursed" arrived at the Poison Mists later in the afternoon; I got the impression she wasn't very high-level, but she was doing okay killing the Poison Mists. It was the Myst Eyes she was after, as she is attempting to do the quest to get one of the "human tribe" type new pets, Ichi or Scra-Chi, but they are a fairly infrequent drop, and I don't think she had got many by the time she left, which was only just before I started my food break. The session had added 32.50% experience, 118 skill points, and 2071 pet points..

The evening session was pretty similar; no sign, again, of the raid boss Kamira, and a single glimpse of the knight augustus in the distance, so it was just me and the Poison Mists. Ratel's mage Athema found a couple of new players for Norcaine; at the moment MistressDomina is actually the guild master, so I just needed to make Athema a guild adviser so that she could do the actual recruiting. Athema was hard at work in Prokion Temple, in the party with MD and SirPerivale for the "solo party" benefit. She had a bad disconnection, though, and had to restart the computer - and found when she got back that, while the game had had her still standing there helpless surrounded by Orcs, her pet had been killed.

Still, Athema, after her return, managed to reach level 25, which means that she can start to use her level 29 +13 weapon, which ought to be a great help in her battles. New skills become available, too. Whether she can reach level 31 while the "Player Appreciation Event" is still going on, or not, depends on how much longer the event runs. I'm hoping for at least one more week after Tuesday night's maintenance, which might give Chuck the chance to get to level 60, but who can tell?

By the end of my playing time for the evening, MistressDomina had added a further 35.51%, plus 124 skill points and 2263 pet points, so the evening session was only slightly longer than the afternoon one. Still, adding in total 68.03% means that MD is well on the way to gaining her next level and getting within fifteen levels of MrChuckNorris himself, and having the 50% bonus to skill exp gain was useful, so that her unused skill point total now isn't very far below what it was before the level 38 skills were acquired.

SirPerivale, meanwhile, had got the pale blue horse up to level 33. SirDarth was able to log back in, once MD had logged out, and it didn't take him long to get his drake to level 22. It would be tempting for him to try another overnight levelling session, but I'd have to end it rather early tomorrow, so I think I'll just save a bit more electricity instead. The drake ought to be just about the right level for Galahad by now anyway, so soon it will be time to start another pet.

Today the Elite Poison Mist did manage to drop a few ready-plussed items, most notably a +4 pair of titan level 36 shorts, along with a couple each of +3 and +2 items, so that's only about one such item per hour. Still, I did get a fair number of moonstone boxes, and some Myst Eyes, plus hands of bravery, protection, and the guard, and even a hand of the warrior, the one that, along with three potions of haste, gives a heaven stone.

Tomorrow is one of my out-all-day "busy" Sundays, so I will miss out on the "Sunday teatime" two hours, which is again the ever-popular 50% extra skill exp. All I can hope for is about an hour out with the Poison Mists again before the Quiz, so MistressDomina is unlikely to reach level 39 before Monday. I just hope that they leave the doors open for us to get back into the Quiz again, I can't remember which was the right answer to the question I got kicked out on last time...in fact I can't even remember what the question was...

No comments:

Post a Comment