Thursday 27 August 2009

Some Hard Work

I did leave CaptainScarlet levelling his drake overnight, and all went well; since it was already quite a high level, it only levelled up once, but that got it well into level 30, so that it reached level 31 by coffee time. SirPerivale had joined in before breakfast, and his pale blue horse reached level 20 after an hour or so, so things were ticking over nicely.

As well as the continuing double experience, our friends at Aeria Games decided to give each account a free go on the Last Chaos "loot wheel", a kind of online roulette. Click the button, and the wheel rotates, past all sorts of tempting prizes until the pointer usually ends up over a single Rejuvination Potion. This does cost 99 aeria points per spin, almost a dollar in real money, but today there's a rebate deal, where we get our points credited back to us. So, a bit of fun, and I did manage to get a platinum pet experience pill, which is a useful sort of thing to have, especially with all the pet levelling I do.

After coffee, to take advantage of the experience boost, I logged MistressDomina and MistressBlaze in, and took them out to the Sphinx Fighters and Sphinx Speer Men. The place was quite busy, I think at one point there were four other players there - all rogues! This included silentassasin5, as seen yesterday, plus xX10Xx, XXRogueXX, and HeroRogue. Most of them decided to move on to the Tomb of Theos, so I had the place to myself briefly, before SnapDragon arrived. She was still there when I logged out for lunch, allowing my pet-levellers an hour or so in Merac.

MistressDomina had gone up by 18.48%, 2 skill points, and 608 pet points, while despite the 50% experience freeze she has, MistressBlaze added 37.23%, 1 skill point, and 825 guild points for Discipline.

The afternoon session was more of the same. Silentassasin5 was just leaving when I got back, but most of the others put in an appearance at one time or another. A level 60 rogue called Bladester very kindly gave MistressDomina some magic attack minerals she didn't need; she was basically skill point farming, she said, and promised to come to my rescue if I found myself being overwhelmed. I didn't actually see it, but from the "oops" and the farewell, I suspect that the Elite Sphinx Speer Man and his cohorts did actually manage to kill her. It can happen to the best of us.

MistressDomina had started a three-hour 30% experience boosting potion, since it stacks with the "event" boost, so that's how long I stayed, generally avoiding the Elite unless he attacked me. In all MD went up 47.49%, taking her neatly into level 52, plus 2 skill points and 1395 pet points. MistressBlaze levelled up too, reaching level 40, adding 78.87% experience, 3 skill points, and 1805 more guild points.

The "new day" was due to start at six o'clock in the evening, UK time, and this time we were promised double skill exp, so it was time for a change of emphasis. After SirPerivale and CaptainScarlet did some pet-levelling during the food break, MistressSabina, my level 33 witch, and JohnWellington, my level 28 sorcerer, logged in - and headed for Prokion Temple, on Auzura-3.

I got there at about twenty to six, as it seemed like a good idea to reserve my room before the change from double experience to double skill exp began, as it is such a good place for skill point farming, if you are at the right level. It was almost ten past by the time the announcement and the change came, but a little double experience never hurts, and as both Sabina and John are on the "50% freeze" to donate half their experience gain to the Discipline guild, they didn't exactly race ahead on that.

The session lasted slightly over four hours; I did have three visitors, including a rogue who did attack at least one Orc in the room before going invisible, but nobody stayed around and gave me any problems. By the end of the session, both my characters had levelled up, and gained 580 skill points each. MistressSabina had added 37.69%, and contributed 609 guild points, while JohnWellington had added 93.03%, along with 533 guild points.

All these guild point contributions mean that the Discipline guild is now within a thousand of the eighteen thousand needed for the next guild upgrade; that also needs some gold, plus some skill points, which will probably be donated by... well, I was thinking that MistressBlaze would be the one to supply them, but I'll need to look at the various stats carefully before committing myself on that.

As usual, SirPerivale and CaptainScarlet took over the computers after that, for a little light pet-levelling. Peri's pale blue horse moved on into level 21, while the drake that Cap is looking after is more than a quarter of the way through level 31 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment