Thursday 17 June 2010

Same Balls, Different Server


RedRackham was able to keep going with the pet-levelling overnight on Cariae-4, next to fellow knight Bobthewarrior, and by morning the dragon hatchling had safely reached level 13. I'd moved him across to the newer computer last thing last night, and after breakfast I moved him back again. The hatchling soon moved on to level 14.

Today was scheduled to be one of my busy days downstairs, with no afternoon session possible, but I decided that I could fit in a pre-coffee session, while the servers were quiet, farming soccer balls. So, my level 31 rogue Memree over on Katar-5 logged in...and straight out again when I found that she didn't have a "Juno NPC Scroll", as she had been created before those were added to the game. So I quickly created a new level 1 character on the same account, and she put the scroll she'd been given into storage. Then Memree logged back in, got the scroll out of storage, dragged it onto her skills bar - and was ready for action, teleporting out to Hunter Dranore.

A friendly healer called celistal was also busy farming the soccer balls, though her strategy was to run all around the map, using the regular haste potions - and some type of lucky scroll too, to increase her chance of good drops. That certainly seemed to work for her, as she got a lot more golden balls than I did, and also some nice items from the pandora's boxes she found on her travels - five heaven stones twice in fairly quick succession, for example. We only overlapped when she reached my bit of the map on her travels, so her work didn't slow me down much.

A low-level titan called Arhidemon appeared, chased by a level 20 pandora's beast, and stayed around to fight the triangle balls near Hunter Dranore. Since he was low-level, it took him ages to "kill" each ball, but apparently he got good experience from them, and levelled up. There was another healer riding around on horseback who took the occasional ball... and just as I was finishing, a rogue at about level 20, judging by the armour, appeared, BloodShadow1, telling me that she was the same player as Arhidemon. I told her I was leaving, and bequeathed my two spots to her.

The experience gain was pretty minor for Memree, but she did pick up 3 gold soccer balls and 128 regular ones, which ought to boost my cash reserves on Katar. I noticed in Randol that people were trying to get up to three million per golden ball, which may not be unreasonable as its prices generally do seem higher than Cariae or Auzura.

As it turned out, my delivery has been delayed until tomorrow, allowing an afternoon session today, but not on Friday. This time It seemed like a good idea to get some soccer balls together on Tairen - so my level 31 rogue there, Memree, logged in on Tairen-4, and teleported out to Hunter Dranore.

I expected Tairen-4 to be emptier than the fifth sub-server, and it was, but there were still a few people who turned up occasionally - a titan, a mage who made a number of appearances, and a healer called BANGMEBABY who spent the afternoon farming the sasquatches. She wasn't interested in the triangle balls that spawned near her, so I continued to farm those balls and the ones that spawned within sight of Hunter Dranore, but after a while she kindly volunteered to farm the balls near her for me. I continued with the ones near Dranore, and, with a little exploring, found another spot, at about the 930.1240 location on the main path towards Berbank Mill, to farm. So, I kept going - as I'd told BANGMEBABY, it was a bit boring, but I needed the money for my next weapon.

Late in the afternoon the night shadow xShadowOfDeathx hailed me, and said that his wife had asked him to give me these... he passed over 50 soccer balls, and I thanked him for them, assuming that Bang had passed them across to him, for him to pass on - but actually they were an extra bonus, Bang was still in action with the sasquatches, and when I went across there, at his prompting, she passed across another 63 soccer balls. So, including the gifts, Memree ended up with 12 golden soccer balls and 345 regular balls...very nearly enough for one of the prize boxes, but the intention is to sell the balls, not end up with another disappointing set of prizes.

RedRackham logged out for the evening session, and after some things had been moved about, including the soccer balls on Tairen going across to MistressDomino there, RedRydeR on Cariae-5 took over the main computer, joined by SirKit. Red is too high for the Elizabeth's Enhancement buff now, but Kit can still use it, so he got the buff, the party was formed - and they went off to their old friend the elite sphinx speer man and his cohorts.

Apart from someone who briefly killed the sphinx types just down the road from us, and who might I suppose have taken on the elite if Red hadn't already been fighting it, Red and Kit had the place to themselves for the evening, and stayed for the full three-hour length of Kit's buff. Kamira did drop by, so Red briefly made way for Keerella, and the usual goodies were obtained, but no rare accessory was dropped.

SirKit made better progress than RedRydeR, since he had the double experience, and skill exp, buff that Red can't have now. There would have been the option to let her use some platinum blessed irises, preferably the new "61 to 90" type, but I needed to make sure that SirKit stayed within fifteen levels of her...so Kit needed to be the one to level up first. And he managed that, before the end of the session, which was pretty good going I thought. RedRydeR went up by just 22.57%, and 29 skill points, plus 2401 pet points - and SirKit added 142.74%, getting comfortably into level 49, plus 58 skill points.

So, it was a good substantial session, and means that SirKit will now be able to use a level 53 weapon next time - not that he does much of the fighting when the two characters team up there, just helping out on the elite sometimes, or when two sphinx speer men come in at once. If the pair of them head into the Tomb of Theos, though, there would be more time per kill for him to get involved...

RedRackham logged back in for a little more pet-levelling, with his drake now in level 18...and MistressDomino went into merchant mode on Tairen-5. I had done some comparison shopping to see what prices were being charged there earlier, but I still had to guess a few, working on the basis that items are cheaper there, or that gold is more valuable. A bunch of heaven stones, item drop boosters, damage boosters, and large attack potions sold fairly quickly...the soccer balls, though, weren't touched in the first period. If they don't sell overnight, well, the price will need to be revised downwards I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment