Sunday 25 July 2010

A Happy Resolution


The day started with what has become the usual rota of characters spending half an hour doing a little mining or herb-gathering while they earned their day's "attendance allowance" - taking them up to the maximum experience bonus per kill, 10%. Most of the characters had the bug where the farming doesn't actually work straight away - on your own screen you are busy with your knife or hammer, but on another player's screen you are just standing there. You have to check if your implement is losing its "endurance" stat, counting down from 7200 if it's a new one, and if it isn't, without stopping what you are doing you need to sit down, and stand up again, and then all is well.

After coffee MistressDomina and MistressBlaze went out to the Tomb of Theos on Auzura-5, where quite a few familiar names were already in action. It was just as well both MD and MB had applied horse buffs, as there was a screaming zombie on the loose in the corridor when we arrived, and it attacked MB - though she managed to retreat to safety, while MD used terra spear to get its attention.

Before setting out, MistressBlaze had also taken the time to learn the level 50 wizard passive skill Magic Rod; it cost 573 skill points, but seemed a good investment as it permanently increased her attack speed (by decreasing the offence speed stat by 1.5), and increased her physical defence by 50.

The adventure went quite well after that, with me on the alert for any wandering zombies, or ones that got fixed onto one of my charges. It does seem currently that any zombie in the corridor, or at its mouth, is regarded as common property, ks-wise, unless somebody protests loudly. I kept going just long enough to get MistressDomina into level 89, going up by 20.97%, 5 skill points, and 1506 pet points, while MistressBlaze reached level 53, which meant she could use the level 57 +15 mage staff she was carrying, and level 54, adding 193.66% and 1111 pet points.

Just before logging out, MistressDomina downloaded the second package from yesterday, ready to take a screenshot if this too failed - but this time the items downloaded into her inventory without any problem. So, after lunch I was able to send off my request: "
I bought the BOGO offer Tiered Leveller 2.0 packs, and both packs appeared in my in-game Records. However, when I attempted to move one pack to my character inventory, it vanished from Records - but nothing came into my inventory, and I got the message 'The product does not exist' - see screenshot", plus the link to that, and "
So, can I have my Tiered Leveller 2.0 pack back, please? I successfully downloaded the other pack today." I ended with the purchase order details for the two packs. That was sent just after 1:30pm, UK time, with the automatic acknowledgement arriving at 1:34; and in the evening, when I checked my email just before the Quiz, I received a reply, timed at 6:46, telling me the items in question had now been sent.

For the afternoon, Kaerella on Katar-5 was joined by RedRyder; they made the trip out to Prokion Temple, and luckily the back room was clear. Red just stood watching while Kaerella did all the work, in the combat party, and it wasn't long before my rogue levelled up, reaching level 27, and was able to start wearing the +10 level 32 hood and boots, meaning she was well enough armoured now not to worry at all if the orcs attacked her. Another archer did come in for a while, but didn't really slow us down much... a level 21 sorcerer wanted to party, but we managed to convince him that it wasn't the right room for him.

Even though in a combat party RedRyder's share of the experience earned was pretty low, she still went up 55.57% over the course of the afternoon, earning, through her 50% experience gain freeze, 108 guild points for Discipline there. Kaerella went up by 56.59% in level 36, earning 732 guild points. And they each got a useful 518 skill points.

For the evening session, leading up to the usual Sunday Quiz at 8:30pm, UK time, MistressSabina went back to the dire spike canines on the second floor of Maargadum Jail. I only had the briefest interruptions, in the first side room there, and so, by the time I logged Sabina out, she had added 21.10% experience, 110 skill points, and 1652 pet points.

The Quiz ran smoothly for Kaerella and MistressDomino on Auzura-2; Ratel was there as well, and he did okay too, though Argoth vanished before the moonstones were reached, due to a computer problem. There weren't very many other people that made it through to the end, surprisingly, as most people got the question about where Teleporter Nadil can be found wrong. Me, I always remember the double-L of NadiL and Lust Trum, so I wasn't worried that Kae and MD, and Ratel and Liezl, were in a tiny minority. There is some sort of exploit which stops people being kicked for standing on the wrong half of the room, and I think after that question there were more exploiters left on the "X" side than people on the "O" side who had got the answer correct.

I'd noticed earlier in Maargadum Jail that we had extra skill exp running, with the Elizabuff the dire spike canines were giving comfortably more than their usual maximum of 2200 skill exp; I'm not sure if it was an unannounced return of "Sunday teatime", or had been left running from yesterday, earlier in the Tomb and Prokion I'd not been in a position to judge if the amounts were enhanced. Still, it was useful for MistressSabina, so I fitted in another 40 minutes for her in Jail, during which she added another 5.78%, 30 skill points, and 435 pet points.

RedRackham did a little more pet-levelling too, and got his horse into level 34. As he is actually on the same account as MistressDomina, I was able to check that the replacement Tiered Leveller2.0 package had arrived - in fact the GM had very kindly, to make up for the drama, sent me two packs. I downloaded them safely to Red... and then was able to buy the two master stones my purchases this weekend had qualified me for, at a single aeria point each. So they are now on the Auzura server, I just need to decide whether MistressDomina's wizard staff gets an extra plus two, or whether my archer Kaerella or my ranger Rage would benefit from a boost more.


No comments:

Post a Comment