Monday 6 September 2010

Back at the Double

I didn't manage to do any playing in the morning; I had hoped to get MistressDomina to do the eleven to twelve dungeon time hour, but other things I was doing took more time than I'd expected. My only appearance in-game was fairly brief, when Kaerella, my level 29 archer, logged in on Tairen-5 to try to help somebody who'd come into the forum shoutbox with the "still in a party" bug after a fairly recent disconnection there. He did manage to recruit me into a party, once I'd found him, and did find himself able to join parties after kicking me again, so it seemed to work.

The two to three o'clock dungeon time hour was a different matter, though. MistressDomina went to the Tomb of Theos on Auzura-4 in good time, joined a solo party, and took up the spot just after the spear man room, on the first bend on the corridor. She started killing the anubis spear men right away, and when the hour began, popped the platinum adrenaline, berserker, and crit potions, followed by the experience booster and, when the current spear man was almost dead, the platinum blessed iris.

The hour went smoothly enough, with the usual solo party experience gain of 510.8 million experience per kill. I think I only forgot to use a booster on one kill, because I was involved in the forum shoutbox, and the pbi's time ran out mere seconds before the last boosted kill was made. 46 experience boosters were used, and 38.81% experience was gained.

As Saturday's "Turbo" event had been left running, there was still 50% extra experience and skill experience to be had, even if it didn't stack with a pbi, so MistressDomina continued with the spear men for the rest of the afternoon, unboosted. The alternative would have been to try an hour's sp-farming with MistressSabina, but the 50% extra experience gain was enough to put me off that idea. By the time MD logged out, her total experience gain for the session had reached 41.15%, and she'd also added 6 skill points and 2722 pet points.

For the evening, starting at six, we were promised double skill experience and double pet experience, so Keerella went to the Tomb on Cariae-4 to fight the screaming zombies, and farm a few skill points - 32 skill points in all. She went up by 2.33%, and Greedo, her drake, added 6034 pet points.

The Tomb's starting area was generally all Kee's; it was convenient, as I could easily retreat down the corridor if I got a phone call...and I was expecting the computer repair shop to call. They did phone to let me know that they were almost finished working on my older XP-running machine, and then called again about an hour later, as arranged, to say it was all done. And then they drove round and delivered it, saving me having to drive down along a very bumpy and narrow service road behind their store.

Hitching the new monitor up to the XP-runner again, plus its old mouse and an old keyboard, and plugging the USB lead from the modem in, I switched on, and...things worked. I was able to set the screen resolution to the correct size,, Last Chaos patched perfectly and started to run...all was well. MistressDomina, my Cariae merchant mage, even joined the solo party that Keerella was leading, for the last few minutes, before Kee returned to town, and passed some loot across, at last. Barbarienne was able to pass the level 85 bow she used to use across to Kaerella, so that she'll be able to test out whether she kills more quickly with that, instead of a cleric's wand - and Kae also took charge of that cheap Eyes of Spirit accessory from MD, to use with the bow.

There was also some trading-about to be done on Auzura; I logged MistressDomino, my merchant there, in ready, but decided to get this entry finished before moving armour pieces to MistressBlaze, and various loot to MistressDomino. It's a relief to have the two LC-running computers back in action side by side, and, hopefully, better than ever, thanks to the new graphics card.

No comments:

Post a Comment