Saturday 4 September 2010

A Visit to the Temple

Before MistressDomino, my merchant mage on Auzura, went into merchant mode on Auzura-5, I had a brief look around the shops, mainly as I'd decided to sell a few tower boxes and recovery boxes, and wasn't sure what price they sold for. I didn't find anyone selling them, however, or even any for sale in Roy's merchant mart...but when looking through what xBLAIRWITCHx was selling, I found the level 62 mage circlet and boots at what seemed good prices: a Hytin Circlet +14 for 100 million, and Seian Boots +12 for 80 million. I quickly switched across to MistressBlaze to check what she was wearing, and she was, as I thought, just wearing +8 ones. I had been tempted to upgrade those, so, given that a chaos smelting stone can cost as much as 90 million to add one plus, I swiftly switched back to MistressDomino, and bought them both.

Both items have a single socket, which is in use; the circlet has a Jade level 2, to increase mana regeneration by 20%, and the boots have an Opal level 2, to increase the magical hit rate by 2%. And I only just noticed when checking the details now that the Seian Boots +12 have not had an extreme stone used on them, so they have now easily been moved on to +13. When MistressBlaze goes on somewhere dangerous, the extra defence will be very useful I'm sure...and then, in time, MistressSabina, my witch, will inherit the items.

After that excitement, MistressDomino settled down into merchant mode, selling a few heaven stones, mainly two at a time, and two or three each of the tower and recovery boxes, so the price I'd ended up setting must have been about right for them. If they'd all vanished within minutes I'd have known I was being a bit over-cheap. After an hour, all the berserker potions had gone, and quite a few health and mana stealers...so that the gold spent on the two armour pieces had been recouped.

At around a quarter to eleven, MistressDomina logged on, as I was hoping to squeeze in a "power hour" during the eleven to twelve dungeon time. However, some Twisted guildies told me that, which the Tomb of Theos on Auzura would probably get reset in about an hour, it was currently down to 50%, which would have slowed down MD's kill rate, and meant that she took quite a lot of damage too. Other people who'd been intending to do a bit of levelling then were unhappy about that, as well.

So I moved across to the Cariae server, where I logged my level 98 mage Keerella in - but when I reached the Tomb entrance there, it too was at 50%. Still, Keerella's armour is better than MD's even if her weapon isn't as good, so I went in. It didn't seem worth doing a "power hour" with the Condition like that, slowing things down, so I just fought the screaming zombies at the start, without any potions or boosters. I got into a solo party - one other member must have been on boosters, either with the ancient grey mummies or the anubis spear men, as he had gone up from 81, I think, to level 86 by the end of the hour.

The titan Supraklr, wearing a soccer costume, ran past me, heading deeper into the Tomb, and soon joined the party, so there was a bit of general chat, not all of it concerning bloodseals. But, once the hour was over, I logged out, as lunch was approaching. By then Keerella had added just 0.72% and 5 skill points, plus 1047 pet points - so, still another 8.57% before she reaches level 99.

MistressDomina on Cariae tried some selling through the afternoon, but only sold a single health stealer. For the evening. I was slightly interested in the free "Give Your Life For Iris" raffle, which means some people will win goodies just for dying. For me that generally means a skill point farmer in Prokion Temple earning sp, then spending them on a special skill or two, after which they die a few times to get back to the start of the level. So my level 31 rogue Memree went out on Katar-5 to the temple, and got enough skill points for the second level of advanced energy gathering, and the third level of zeta wave processing.

I was surprised how busy Prokion Temple was, but eventually I found a space in the "mirror" half. It wasn't a long session, and Memree gained just under 14% while getting the 88 skill points she needed to get her total to 105. Back in Randol she got the two skill levels - the next step would be to die a few times to get back to the start of level 31, but the qualifying time for the raffle doesn't start until tomorrow, I think. Still, it was good to visit Prokion Temple, it had been a while...

The main evening session was just my level 95 mage MistressDomina fighting the screaming zombies in the Tomb of Theos on Auzura-5, where the Condition bars were now at 80%. There were some familiar "helpers", and some new ones. It doesn't get MD all that much experience or skill exp, but the "Turbo" event turned out to be 50% extra on both of those, and there was the 50% boost to experience gain from a "dungeon time" hour too. Ideally MistressDomina would have done a "power hour" then, but the place gets busy in the evenings, so I doubt if a good spot would have been free. And without a combat party with, say, Kaerella, the experience gain would tend not to be as much as, hopefully, it can revert to by the middle of next week.

By logging-out time, MistressDomina had added 3.59%, 16 skill points, and 2050 pet points.

Tomorrow I'll only be able to play in the evening, as I have my "busy day" to get through first. That will probably mean just an hour or so somewhere before the Quiz; there may be some sort of Twisted Guild get-together, but the timing is a little vague, as someone insists on using "GMT" for it...who can tell if they really mean British Summer Time?

No comments:

Post a Comment