Friday 21 May 2010

The Forgotten Temple


LordDarth took the night off, since the death mask soldiers seem to have been getting a bit feisty lately, but RedRackham, out in the open air fighting his pair of bandits, went through the night successfully, so that soon after breakfast the dragon hatchling reached level 16, and became a larger, sleeker drake. By then LordDarth was back in action; Dompteur wasn't in Maargadum Jail, so I was able to reclaim the preferred position closer to the entrance to level five. It took a while, but his horse reached level 31 during lunch.

By the end of the afternoon. LordDarth's horse was halfway through the new level - while over on Cariae, RedRackham had got his drake into level 19, which seems pretty good going to me.

One thing I hadn't noticed is that the Friday "APAC" happy hour is apparently only active on Auzura these days. That's a shame, as I don't really have any characters on Auzura who would benefit from a little extra experience. Either they are more interested in skill points, or they'd only do any useful levelling in the Tomb of Theos, with a platinum blessed iris and some experience boosters involved.

So, I logged RedRydeR and SirKit in over on Cariae-5, and headed for the elite frenzied berserkers again. Things moved along nicely, with SirKit providing Red with the combat party bonus - that, and him being lower in level, means that instead of just 50,000 experience per kill, Red gets on average a little over 60,000, which has to be a bit useful.

By the end, RedRydeR had gone up 52.08%, plus 66 skill points and 1745 pet points, while SirKit had gained 22.31%, 58 skill points (sometimes the highlander Red attacked to give the elites time to respawn was just off the compass-map for Kit), and 130 guild points.

My only visitor had been a rogue called ZaFirA - she'd arrived just as I was buffing to open a pandora's box I'd just seen, and attacked it before I could - I don't know if the level 50 beast that was released dropped anything for her. She killed an elite frenzied berserker or two before moving on. It's strange, I'd not seen any boxes at all on the other recent visits, but a second one appeared five minutes later, and dropped ten great healing potions for me.

The day's event was a "dungeon run", with Auzura starting at nine o'clock, so Rage rode down to the location, the Forgotten Temple, and took part in the general fighting. [GM]Stratos was spotted fairly early on, but I don't think he said anything. It took us ages to clear the opening sections of the temple, and when I left, after a little over eighty minutes, there were still lots of high-level types in the final room there - golems, cave spirits and Almas, and plenty of cube guards of various types.

I'd taken some heavy damage a few times, and had to run for my life more than once - but we actually got a spawning of loot just inside the final room, it seems ages since I was able to grab the usual item drop and skill point boosters, large attack and defence potions, tool aids, and the little recovery pots like that. That should cover the cost of all the health potions I had to use along the way.

I'd had to take off Rage's drake, the local monsters were just too annoying, the legendary slayers in particular seemed to respawn and re-attack pretty quickly, often hurting my pet, which was distracting if one was part of a group attacking something high-level at the time.

Still, Rage got some loot and didn't die, and it was generally a fun excursion. She only added 0.68% and 231 pet points, but these events never seem to give much experience, unless you are particularly low level.

RedRackham had been steadily levelling his drake while Rage was busy; the drake should be well into level 20 by the time I get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment