Thursday 9 July 2009

Bits & Pieces

I don't think I mentioned the results of Rage's brief trip to the Forgotten Temple last night, in all the rush, not that 1.37% experience and 321 pet points is very memorable, though every 5 skill points are very welcome. And as for the request to Aeria about the missing "Loot Seeker Monday Special", I got a reply saying that the ten heaven stones had been sent to me now, but I needed to make more space for the rest of the items, so this I have now done. I didn't even know that the package included ten heaven stones, it was the item drop boosters and lucky scrolls that attracted me...

SirDarth spent the morning pet-levelling. SmokeinThatKush contacted him first thing, to pass the horse back for more work, the rogue had added about 350 pet points last night. By the end of lunchtime the horse was up two levels at 22, so there is still quite a way to go. SirPerivale did some work on my horse, too, though he made way for MistressDomina after coffee.

For MistressDomina it was business as usual, with a Chakra Shield buff applied in Dratan City for movement speed, followed by horse buffs, and then a teleportation to Prokion Temple's entrance, followed by a run to my back room, where again I had no visitors. I kept going for quite a bit longer than an hour, adding 9.20% experience, so that MD is now 70% of the way through level 33. 761 pet points were added, and 148 skill points.

For the afternoon, I wanted Rage to be online, to keep up with anything going on in the DreamingRequiem guild, but I didn't want to do anything too hectic as I knew I would get interruptions. And I also wanted to get a few skill points! So, I returned to the Forgotten Temple, running through its early stages while the horse buffs lasted. It would be nice to be able to kill Legendary Slayers in the hope of getting level 57 boots as a loot drop, but they always seem to be close to the Cursed Spiders and Wane Spiders, which, while not aggressive, are protective of each other and of the Slayers, so I wasn't able to kill many of those. It's much simpler to kill Jumping Devils, as the Spiders don't give a hoot about what happens to those. They may be level 72, and the highest-level monsters apart from the two bosses, but they aren't generally a problem. Curd Hadians and Twin Hadians, at level 69 and level 71, are protective of each other, so fighting them did require some health potions - but one Curd Hadian was kind enough to drop a pair of rare mage boots, so that was rather useful.

The titan Darkmager got in touch - or James from Malta. It was quite a while since he led Rage across from the Poison Mists to the Sphinx Fighters, but he is still only level 40 - trying to farm some skill experience apparently. He wanted to take Recall and visit the Forgotten Temple, I seem to get a lot of relatively low-level visitors when I'm there. He did provide that useful titan warmaster buff to increase my attack, but, while he didn't get much experience himself, of course he halved mine.

At least he didn't die - though just as, with plenty of warning, I logged out, I think he was attacking a Spider, so I hope that went okay. Rage had added 3.22%, and 815 pet points, but, more importantly, she had earned another dozen skill points, taking her unused sp total up to a nice round 8,000.

Over the food break SirPerivale joined SirDarth; Just before I vanished SmokeinTheKush brought Darth down 113 quality stones, but after I'd gone afk he managed to attract the attention of Darth's Berserker, so a little bit of time was lost there. He later bought a good stock of tool aids, and got some more quality stones for later use.

Rage browsed the shops on Auzura-1 for a while after the break, not wanting to settle to anything. Aszune was down fighting Sphinx Commanders in the Tomb's grave room, and was running out of platinum blessed irises, so I told her the prices I could see, and while they weren't exactly a bargain, 29 million each was the cheapest I was able to find. She asked me to buy two for her, and then move to Auzura-6, register for a party, and take Recall to join her, just to trade them across, so that's what I did - the old place looks much the same. I logged off afterwards relatively quickly. Later in the evening she finally reached level 94, so was rather happy.

MrChuckNorris made a trip out to the Sphinx Fighters and Sphinx Speer Men, which somehow seem more dangerous than the good old Bogles in Egeha, now. He just added 3.56%, 3 skill points, and 203 pet points before I left there, and decided to give LordElpus a few minutes. The first wolf he killed dropped an "Uncle Sam" type top hat for a sorceror, which was a good start. A few skill points were gained, slowly, but it isn't particularly exciting work.

JadaMarie, Norcaine's level 27 healer, was complaining how hard she was finding it to farm skill exp in Prokion Temple. She had used an expensive platinum super skill pill, but died four times during its hour, and so ended up with less points than she'd started with, losing about 70 every time. She's hoping to get her armour upgraded a bit, three parts of her new 30/32 set aren't upgraded at all yet, so, with a little help from the Wet Paint wiki for Last Chaos, I told her which creatures were likely to drop level 31 and 32 armour, suitable for converting into smelting stones... Berserkers, Pilferers, Silver Foxes of the Desert, things like that.

A knight called Airwalker was farming close to Darth. There were a couple of times when Darth's Berserker got caught up, once because Airwalker's pet Ichi decided to get involved in the fight, but as I was fairly alert as to what was going on on that screen, it wasn't a problem. He was actually a bit high-level for Bandits and Berserkers, and was confident he could deal with the Grand Red Dragon if his activities attracted it - he was working to level his "human tribe" Ichi pet.

Darth got Smokey's horse to level 24 fairly late in the evening; by that time SirPerivale was back pet-levelling too. By the end of the evening Peri's horse should be getting pretty close to level 36, so there isn't too long to go before a new pet will get its start.

No comments:

Post a Comment