Tuesday 14 July 2009

Not a Lot of Time

SirDarth got his new pony levelling at a good speed this morning, and by lunch it was level eight, with 100% Sympathy, and thus able to give a useful Armour Increase buff; Darth was able to use his hit rate increasing accessories again, instead of the ones that add to his defence and evasion stats. It was about lunchtime when SirPerivale got his drake to level 31 too, so that it is now able to give the maximum thirty levels of Armour Increase.

Peri took some time off after coffee, to allow MistressDomina to head for Prokion Temple again, and my favourite back room. I did get a disconnection after fifteen-twenty minutes; I might have survived the temporary "disruption in the force" if I'd not done anything, Darth did, but when I saw that I wasn't doing any damage to my group of Orcs I tried to unequip MD's drake, and immediately the "disconnected" window came up.

Still, I logged back in without any problems, and hurried back, to continue for another hour. In all MistressDomina went up by 5.27%, adding 576 pet points and 104 skill points. If she is now only getting around 4% experience per hour, she could carry on with visiting the Temple for another thirteen hours, probably. Hmm, definitely a good reason to get the experience gain unlocked!

Peri logged back in afterwards, but not for as long as usual; the afternoon session was going to be rather short, as I needed to go off and do some shopping in Watford. While I could leave Darth pet-levelling, Peri's drake now gets hungry too quickly for that. So, Kaerella was set up to do a little mining, while Darth piled on more levels for his pony.

When I got back there wasn't quite enough time for a playing session; I logged Rage in briefly to see who was online in the DreamingRequiem guild, but the answer was "hardly anybody", so SirPerivale started his late afternoon food break stint a bit earlier than usual.

I was ready to restart playing, and wondering which character to use, when the announcements for the regular Tuesday "Mad Monster Spawn", scheduled on Auzura for 5:00pm UK time, started to appear, so it was lucky I'd eaten slightly earlier than usual. Attending such an event either needs an extremely high-level character, preferably around level 120 - or someone who can die without losing any skill points. It helps if it doesn't matter if they gain experience without any useful skill experience, too!

Putting it like that, the obvious candidate was the power-levelled, sp-lacking level twenty titan, Cyborg, so I logged him in. He had the entrance to Juno's Velpist Temple on his memory scroll, so, after buying a few extra scrolls, I teleported over to that spot, and then ran along to the MMS location, which I took care to add to the scroll. GMStratos already had his big statue dude in position, so it was just a matter of waiting for the start, and killing a few local Great Horn Beasts to pass the time.

Well, at level twenty there wasn't a whole lot I could do; I did attempt to help out with a few kills of Wight Slashers, Swamp Demons, etc, but missed a lot more often than I hit. I died quite a few times, respawning back in town, and then sitting down for a minute to regain health before using a scroll to get back to the action. I killed some of the local minor stuff that was annoying people - and I grabbed what loot I could when the various hands were spawned.

It looked to me as if we were getting nowhere against the final wave, with its Patriarch Botis types and cave spirits; I think GMStratos replaced them with an easier wave before departing, but it did mean that there weren't any heaven stones spawned at the end.

So, while Cyborg probably lost a bit of experience overall, he did gain a titan top hat (I think somebody had just dropped it), and from the local beasts a few Stars and Stripes...as well as 7 large attack potions, 9 large defence potions, 4 item drop boosters, 4 skill point boosters, 13 tool aids, 23 small mana restoration pots, and I guess a similar number of the small health restoration ones too.

Unfortunately, as the event was winding down, it was announced that the server maintenance would come early today - not safely out of the way for people on UK time at 1:00am tomorrow morning, but at 6:00pm this evening.

I saw PineAppleExpress, SmokeinTheKush's healer, on her brand-new level 33 horse, and very fine it looked too with its black colouration. I did manage to pass it over to her late last night, though I had to run most of the way to Velpist Temple to find her. She does now want a small extra favour, levelling her drake from 16 (372/2382) to 20; she brought it down to SirDarth in Merac. I was going to switch to training it as soon as the pony levelled up again, but that was before the announcement that the server would soon be going offline. So, the allocation of its stat points to Armour Increase would have to wait until things were working again.

And Steve, Stavanic, is talking of further pet-levelling favours needing to be done for his friends...so I hope he gets his own pet leveller ready for use soon.

We were advised to log out before the servers went down, so that we didn't lose any recently gained items or experience, so that is what we did. I'd been able to grab a few minutes playing LadyAuzura, my level seven healer, but it wasn't much of a main evening session... SirDarth logged out too, with his pony just past halfway through level 12.

I went off to Guild Wars for a little while, getting a few points towards the next Spearmarshall and Lightbringer titles by riding around in a giant worm out in a desert, but the Last Chaos server maintenance was still going on at my normal log-out time.

I did belatedly discover a message from Norcaine guild member Ghostt, to say "My account has been banned because I reskinned the game (edited the textures and stuff....)" It looks as if he doesn't intend to reappear with a different account, sadly, but if anyone does want to get in touch, the email is his name "at" live.be. I did see Ratel log on today, but only very briefly, so I don't know what that was about. He probably saw news of the upcoming maintenance, I guess...

It was about five to ten when the servers finally rebooted - just in time for the Cariae, Sarissa, and Hatzring servers to have their own Mad Monster Spawns, though poor Katar was running late. I did manage to send SirDarth out with PineAppleExpress's drake for a while, but that was all that I could do, except for a very brief five-minute appearance by LordElpus, to check that, indeed, the Independence Day celebrations were continuing for a third week, with Stars, Stripes, and top hats still dropping.

No comments:

Post a Comment