Monday 6 July 2009

Downtime

MistressDomino was set up in merchant mode last night, and managed to sell some moonstone boxes, pan flutes, drake eggs, potions of haste, and a level 37 horse, which made a rather nice boost to her gold reserves - but before too long, I think, she got disconnected, as I discovered in the morning. I can't blame the Last Chaos servers for that disconnection - my internet connection had vanished entirely, and I only managed to get things working again at around a quarter to eleven.

So, SirDarth and SirPerivale had a rather late start today. There wasn't time for MistressDomina to do any skill point farming before lunch, either; there was just enough time for her to do some mining though, to use up 24 of the tool aids she'd accumulated recently, and ride down to SirDarth in Merac to pass most of the new quality stones across to him, before she logged out and Peri logged back in for the lunch break.

After lunch, however, MistressDomina went down to Auzura-4's Prokion Temple, and settled in with the Orc Sergeants and Orc Axemen in my favourite back room. I used two of the last three super skill pills - the first one brought in 215 skill points, and the second one 211, and, as I stayed on for a while afterwards, the total skill point gain was 451, on 14.44% experience, along with 1262 pet points. Now that the Axemen are blue-named, and the Sergeants green-named and not far from turning blue, the drops aren't as good as they used to be, I don't think there was any armour dropped - but there were still Hands of Bravery, giving Large Attack Potions, as well as Stars, Stripes, and Moonstone Boxes, plus gold.

The next, and last, super skill pill, for an hour of double skill point experience, ought to take MD above 23k of unused skill points, which, while it is less than I was hoping for before the Aeria people changed the maximum "freeze" of experience gain from 100% to 50%, ought to be enough for the foreseeable future.

I didn't really settle down to anything for long in the evening. The first item on the egenda was to get MrChuckNorris, my titan, up to level 54, so I went out to the Sphinx types and fought them solo for a while. I just added 6.48%, which was all I needed to level up, plus 3 skill points and 308 pet points. Back in town, I checked to see if there were any new skills to learn, and found that there was a second level of Toughness to learn - in fact, I should have learnt it when I reached 53. Spending 168 skill points means that I've decreased the damage Chuck takes from Critical and Deadly hits, probably by a further 10 on top of the first level's 80, though the Last Chaos "Wet Paint" wiki isn't absolutely sure of its figures.

Since Steve is spending most of his time on the Hatzring server, I thought I'd better check up to see what characters I have over there - a level ten mage, and a level 10 healer, it seems. I spent a while on the healer, Kaerella of course, getting a few skill points from berserk wolves, but being careful not to get too close to level eleven, in case this version of Kae needs to enter the Guardian system at some point. I added the entrance to Velpist temple to her memory scroll, and the "Mad Monster Spawn" location too. A friendly level 26 rogue, "blackdeathrouge", gave me a solo party. She'd got bored with levelling/farming in Prokion Temple, and so was out in the grasslands of Juno for a change.

Then it was time to log my under-powered level twenty titan Cyborg in, just to sort out the quests available to him at that level in Randol. I did want to finish by doing the quests to learn herb, energy and stone gathering, but I couldn't get that type of farming to work. Normally if the Endurance of a tool isn't going down, I sit down, and then stand up again, and then all goes well, but this time I just couldn't get Cy to sit. So, a log-out was called for. A few minutes later I logged back in, and this time there was no problem getting the quest herb, energy and stone, so Cyborg is now the proud owner of nine more potions of haste. He was able to sit down, too.

And that is just about all there is to report on today. SirDarth had continued his pet-levelling, so that his drake is well into level 24 now, while SirPerivale took over from Cyborg, after Kaerella had a quick check on her item mall "Records" section (something expected still hasn't arrived). Peri's horse should end the evening only an hour away from reaching level 34, so we are making progress there, just not quite as much progress today as I might have hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment