Thursday 15 October 2009

A Quieter Day


I was only able to play for an evening session today, which meant at least that my pet-levellers could keep busy, I just needed to check every half hour or so that the horses weren't too hungry, that nobody had come along and ks'd, killing my Berserker, and that there hadn't been the inevitable "run out of memory" error, which continues to baffle the finest brains at Microsoft, very possibly.

The only pet-levelling excitement involved XxGALAHADxX, just before I was due to log him out in Karella's favour for the evening - on the screen I could see not only the Grand Red Dragon, but also a number of Cerebrii right up close to him, the creatures that the GRD spawns when its health gets a bit low. Luckily they are not aggressive, they're only protective of one another and of the raid boss itself, so Gal was in no danger from them. He could have been hit by the GRD's fiery breath when someone was actually fighting it, I suppose, but hopefully they were being considerate enough not to fight too close to Gal.

Whether the GRD-battler came back and finished the task I don't know...these days if you let the Cerebrii chase you too far away before fighting them, the GRD itself will return to full health, meaning that you are back to the start. I wonder if it would spawn a new set of Cerebrii when its health reached the appropriate percentage again?

The evening session was nothing very exciting, for the main part my level 33 knight RedRackham just went out to Prokion Temple again. Cariae-3's back room was in use, though when Ratel, level 31 on Cariae, came along a little later he was able to settle in there, and got enough skill points to get all his available skills maximised before he logged out... so Red hopped over to Cariae-4, where the room was available, and Karella logged on to join him for the Combat party.

Zenderfly, or Damor, has started to use the Norcaine guild message system to communicate with me, and in today's message was asking what other characters, outside Norcaine, I am currently playing, presumably so that she can more easily get in touch with me. She did say she hoped to be logging on at around seven o'clock in the eveing my time, but she didn't actually show up. If it's a matter of there being space on Zen's Friends list these days for a few more of my characters, then I guess on Auzura CaptainScarlet, as a pet-leveller, would be useful to add, for a start, while as a pet-leveller on Cariae XxGALAHADxX is likely to be on. Both servers' versions of RedRackham, too... There are plenty more Auzura characters of course, and no doubt plenty of room on Taldea's Friends list.

Anyway, I chatted with Ratel while RedRackham was fighting the Cariae Orcs, and he was saying that he had actually bought some aeria points not long ago, which explained how he'd managed to get the Auzura version of the character boosted up to level 73 - and he'd sold enough item mall stuff to be able to afford a rather good set of 70/72 armour too. The guild he has joined isn't big, but it is active, which is the main thing.

I did have one visitor in the Prokion Temple back room, a rogue called Cromanijak; I gave the usual warning to be careful as it was a dangerous room, but, even though she was only level 24, she did okay, though she was using a good number of health and mana pots. I gave the Divine Shield buff, and helped out a couple of times, by request, when she got mobbed by Axemen. She didn't stay all that long, as she ran out of physical defence minerals, but she must have gained a useful chunk of experience, even if her skill exp gain was a bit lower than it would have been fighting the Orc Soldiers and Orc Fighters around her own level.

By the end of the session RedRackham had added 52.38% and 137 skill points, while Karella had gained 13.36% and two skill points less. Red really only needs 60 skill points for when he reaches level 35, for the Canid Fence 2 skill - it would be useful if he got enough spare sp to upgrade the Cariae version of Discipline, which is currently only level 1.

I was reminded about that when I logged in my level 20 mage Memree, who is currently its guild master; one other member was online, the mage TuffLove, one of Ratel's characters, I imagine she must have been in merchant mode for a while. Leopardknight, his pet-leveller on the same account, was fighting a Berserker alongside CaptainScarlet later.

Memree was online to make the run out to Prokion Temple, to get that location onto her memory scroll. I logged SirDarth on on the older computer, and they made a rendezvous in Dratan City. They made a party, so that SirDarth could supply horse buffs and Divine Shield, to help her get past the cunning foxes and sand golems, and Memree made the run successfully. I repeated the procedure with my knight SirKit and another level 20 mage Emraine, who was in the starter armour so might well have had a problem without those buffs, plus Protection. EnchantrA already had the Prokion Temple entrance on her scroll, so that makes four level 20 characters who are ready to team up with a level 35 phoenix character, should circumstances demand it.

By the end of the evening CaptainScarlet (an Auzura-only name, on Cariae it was already taken) had moved his horse up to within an hour or so of level 34, while over on Cariae-3 Galahad got his horse into level 24, so we are making good progress. The pet-levellers should have a fair amount of time tomorrow, too, as I still have plenty of work to do downstairs to keep me out of mischief.

No comments:

Post a Comment