Monday 27 April 2009

An Expensive Purchase

SirDarth has kept busy today again, with a couple of little gaps, once in the late morning while I needed to have two characters in Guild Wars at once (in Pre-Searing, to enter the Charr-infested Northlands you need two people, one to throw a lever to open a gate below, and the other to go through), and then after the early evening food break when some items needed to be moved about, involving Rage, Kaerella, Chuck, Calm, Darth himself, and MistressDomino.

Looking back to the 18th, I see that Bladesrus "will settle for level 31" on his horse, so I needn't take that one all the way to 37; he has made good progress, though, and is well into level 34, so I'll stop on level 35, which should keep him happy - and then think about Stavanic's latest request, which is for another mount.  As he is not exactly rich, he may have to make do with a level 31 one, we'll have to see how things go.

So, I did spend a little time in Guild Wars in the morning with my level 14 ranger Kate Woodrunner; that is about the highest level at which you can still gain some experience in Pre-Searing, and then only from four Charr bosses, who are rather close together and with plenty of other Charr close by.  Those bosses can drop useful rare items, but not today... at least I increased my supply of red iris flowers...

But after lunch it was time for MrChuckNorris to teleport out to Prokion Temple.  His two pssp-using hours yielded 552 and 572 skill points, with the whole session adding 1165, plus 2124 pet points.  There was a very slight interruption just as the first hour was ending, when a rogue charged in - but it was a guildie, Legacy, who vanished almost immediately.  I rather thought Invisibility must be involved, but a query on the guild chat channel told me that she had in fact died.  It's not the ideal room for a level 25 rogue, for sure.

She told me that her main reason for coming to the deeper reaches of the Temple was that she had the quest for Cracked Axes - so, as Chuck was carrying 31 of them, and had presumably already passed plenty more over to the storage character Calm (actually all-capitals like RAGE - a sort of balance for that name, heheh), I traded the five she needed across to her, free of charge.  And back in town later I traded four across to SsnowboardS, who also had that quest active.

I was barged in on by a knight later, though luckily he didn't stay long, so Chuck had a pretty clear run; on the Easter Egg front, we got 50 gold x four, 500 gold x two, a magic stone (accessory), 10 gamma wave energy, a tool aid, 10 quality stones, 10 herb trunks - and a Cake, which just gives 30% extra experience for ten minutes.  Somehow it seemed strange to get a cake from an egg, but I suppose the other contents are just as peculiar...

Looking through the Merchant House items for a good weapon for Kaerella, I passed pages of overpriced items - for a level 69 weapon, there was a +14 crossbow for 149 million,  +14 daggers for 200 million - ah, a +15 mage staff for 200 million... and the Eglain Dual Sword for 175 million, which, these days, seems to be as cheap as it gets.  Thank goodness there was a 200% upgrade event last night, just starting when I logged out, that must have increased the supply of such things.  I quickly changed character to MistressDomino, as she was the one with enough cash, and purchased the sword, then got Collector Ryu to convert it into an Eblin Bow for 820,000 gold - and in the general trading-across of items later, moved it to Kaerella.

At present, Kae uses a level 57 +15 Coriver Bow, with 194 + 341 +75 as its attack stats - she will have to continue with it for three more levels as she is only level 62 currently, but then the new bow, with its 264 + 464 +75 attack stats, will make quite a difference.  At the moment her Physical Offence stat is 1204, but the new bow moves that on to 1393.  That may be 4 less than one would expect from those numbers, but the old bow has got some attack-enhancing bloodseals, and the new one doesn't have bloodseals yet.

The evening session saw Rage head for the Sphinx Fighters and Sphinx Speer Men (that is the way they spell it, rather than "Spear").  To begin with, I was asked,  by a presumably higher-level member of the same guild, to team with a level 40 mage, Magikka, which I was happy to do, the more damage that is done on the Sphinx type as it hurries towards me the better.  She wasn't, however, all that disciplined in her approach, and may well have been more used to playing a melee character as she tended to stand toe-to-toe with a Fighter rather than running for safety.  She did die a number of times, though luckily that didn't negate the health and mana stealers, and crit potion, that she was using - a gift from her fellow guild member.  It must be the mage costume that does it... At least, I think, she got a mage armour drop for future use.

xXAcheronXx, currently a level 39 royal knight, joined us, and seemed in contrast to be discretion itself - well, maybe not, but there were less of his "Geronimo!" type charges than usual, and his Concentration buff is always much appreciated.  Chuck's room-sharing titan from Saturday, Zodiac, arrived after a while, and joined us; I didn't mention Chuck at all.  Zodiac has reached level 36 now, so he has been keeping busy.  Majikka left not long after that, and later Zodiac had to go too.  Acheron decided to head for the arena at about my usual log-out time - but before he went he renewed the Concentration buff on me, and I felt it would be rude not to use it, so I continued solo while it lasted... which, as it is one of the longer-lasting buffs, meant that I just had time to reach level 45!

Well, Rage would be able to wear the next set of gloves up, now; I also spent 327 skill points to learn Hyde Shot, which gives you a 300% harder hit, at the full range of 20 meters - but only if you are invisible at the time.  I could actually have grabbed it a level earlier, but it doesn't sound all that useful in PvE.  Four more points in Constitution means that I'm just one level away from being able to increase my magical resistance by 25...

Rage's total experience gain for the session was 56.10%; no skill points were gained, but the pet point tally rose by 1096, which can't be bad.  My health did get uncomfortably low on one occasion, but I managed to stay alive, which is always useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment