Monday 13 April 2009

Poison Mists & Sphinx Fighters

It was rather pleasant to only have one pet leveller, SirDarth, at work today, and it was also a relief to have him fighting an everlasting Berserker rather than a series of Butchers, with the inevitable gaps in between, or having, when I saw that the current one was down to about 20%, to break off, equip a sword, and kill him, then unequip the weapon and find a new one to target.  Despite the occasional interruption, Darth did good work, and by the end of the day the horse had just reached level 31, meaning that he would now be mountable, though of course level 37 is my target.

Given the cost of Darth's armour upgrade yesterday, I might actually try selling a mount, if the price is tempting enough.  Or perhaps BasheR would take one instead of the 50% share of the "Eyes of Spirit" accessory that I owe him, he was mentioning having a lower-level character that could help with Kamira-luring.

Rage went out to do some mining, as I had some work to do this morning; the titan Darkmager did get in touch, hoping for a team-up against the Sphinx Fighters, but I explained that I was generally away-from-keyboard and just having Rage do some mining.  I did see him at the Juno mine a few minutes later, so he was stocking up on stones a bit too.  Rage continued there over lunch, and used a few tool aids - she then took some stones out to SirDarth, and passed over some memorising scrolls as well as he was running low.

The afternoon was one long slog for Rage against the Poison Mists, and very slowly it seemed to go, too.  I had to change sub-servers a couple of times, in the hope of luring Kamira for BasheR to battle, which meant that most of the time I didn't have the "solo party" boost of being in a party with SirDarth, but the spot looks the same in any sub-server, and a lot of Poison Mists bit the dust, er, sand.  There was double skill experience switched on for most of the day - though it got quietly turned off the moment that Ratel's healer, Jacqueline, logged on.  She has decided to move up from level 25 to level 27, so that the new armour set can counteract the harder hitting Orcs, which seems a wise move.  

For convenience, SirDarth got promoted to Guild Master temporarily, which meant that Ghostt, a level 25 sorcerer, and an even newer recruit, GothicPresence, a level 17 mage, could have their experience frozen - and Jacqueline could have hers unfrozen.  A friend of Ghostt's, SsnowboardsS, a level 23 knight, has also joined Norcaine.  Just about everyone seems to be helping BasheR to get his daily "fix" of Kamira encounters, though I have to report that all my efforts today were again in vain.  Strange, before BasheR was doing this, I could rely on her dropping by several times a day, but I suppose with the extended weekend that the Dratan desert has been rather busier than usual.

By the end of the afternoon, Rage had added 24.53% experience, plus 121 skill points (thanks to the double skill exp) and 1334 pet points.  The evening session started off as more of the same, but later, mobs of angry Pandora's Beasts were reported to have spawned on Auzura-3 in Merac, Dratan and Juno, so SirDarth got some time off from his pet-levelling, and investigated the Juno spawnings, which I rather assumed would be a bit lower in level, and lethality, than the Merac ones that Kaerella and Rage have attended.  But no, it was the exact same mix of level 30 ghostly Bandits and level 50 ghostly Larvae; somehow Darth got too close to a level 50 type, and, despite his high defence, was one-hitted.  Still, he carried very few skill points, and is 0% into level 22, so lost very little.

After Darth was safely back with his Berserker, Rage took over; the Juno mobs seemed to have vanished, but the Pandora group downhill from Darth and Peri's Butcher levelling spot had only just been started on, so Rage joined in there, killing some level 30 types just to get them out of the way, and carefully targetting any convenient level 50 one.  If Snare worked, there was no problem - if it didn't, it was a matter of running back uphill, using a health potion, and waiting for the skill to cool down, to try again.  Snare works, on average, 70% of the time - I'm sure on one particular Beast I had to use it five times before it finally stuck.

There were quite a few people from the "xGLAx" guild around, and one of them suggested that Rage, who is currently guildless, might join.  He added himself to my Friends list, but as there wasn't a guild adviser around, that is as far as it went - though I thought I was supposed to link up with them down by the Sphinx Fighters for a while, but none of them appeared at the spot that I use.

However, Darkmager, who had been in contact while I was fighting the Pandies, was there, and once I'd unteamed myself from Darth, we teamed there again - and after a while a level 29 rogue called Swiftii joined the party too.  Another addition to my Friends list!  She was pretty good, and it was useful to have two rogues, so that if one Snare failed, the other rogue could quickly cast it.  It was a productive little session, though I think we all three died at least once, in my case I blame the "path recognition" by a tree, I got blocked when, really, I shouldn't have been.  

Rage reached level 39, which is a pretty unimportant level - it gives four more stat points to go into Dexterity, but there's no new armour, or a new weapon, or a new skill to learn.  Still, it's progress!  We continued until Swiftii had reached the rather more important level of 30, but time was getting on, and Darkmager was finding someone else to team with as we left.

So, the rather more diverse evening session had added 48.86% experience, thanks to the Sphinx types, plus 62 more skill points and 1534 pet points, taking Rage's totals for the day to 73.39%, 183 sp, and 2868 pet points.

No comments:

Post a Comment