Wednesday 1 April 2009

The Return of Roy

SirPerivale went out straight away to work on the horse this morning, and before too long SirDarth took a pan flute to Jajan in Dratan City and started a brand-new pony.  A friend of Stavanic's needs a horse mane, apparently, and is prepared to pay well for it; Steve thinks that he'll have a better chance of getting a horse part if he sacrifices a level ten one, rather than just level one brand-new ponies, so we're levelling this one for him, for a share of the reward if he eventually gets the part he needs.  I can't say I'm very happy with the idea of "sacrificing" a pet, but that part will be up to Stavanic, not me.

As soon as Kaerella logged on later in the morning, a summons to go to the Tomb of Theos was received from BasheR - so over I went, to join him (level 54 now), the level 55 titan Tynian, and the level 62 rogue xSpykex.  Optimusprime did arrive in the Tomb before long, but wasn't allowed into our party, sadly, or maybe he was trying to join another team that was also at work there.

Corbenik contacted me, though, and I gave him our leader's name so that he could apply in advance rather than paying to enter the Tomb without a party place, and he came in; we also gained the level 56 knight XxGaZixX, who, like Tynian, comes from Turkey.  He did tend to die a time or three, I think Bash's +15 armour was a good investment, he lasted much better.

I had a disconnection fairly early on, and when I got back xSpykex had left, and the party was being remade.  BasheR invited the level 44 cleric Ewli to join us, which was useful as it meant I could do less healing and more bow-using, but she had a tough time of it, particularly whenxSpykex rejoined for a few minutes, so that she was "capped" and getting very little experience.  I think she died three times, she doesn't seem to have quite got the knack of hugging the wall tightly when the Screaming Zombie targets her... I avoided getting killed, though a number of times my health got perilously low, it fell to 110 on one occasion.

It didn't take very long to get the 15% I needed to reach level 53, anyway, which meant I could equip my level 57 bow for the first time - my physical offence stat has gone up from 932 to 1098, or 1101 when I added the newly-earned Dexterity levels.  By the end of the session, my total gain was 46.84%, plus 240 pet points; the low number of pet points rather shows how much healing, rather than attacking, I had to do.  

With other people there luring Screaming Zombies, and seemingly other Screaming Zombies popping up out of nowhere, it was a rather dangerous session, particularly for poor Ewli and XxGaZixX, and I'm rather glad that the suggested move deeper into the Tomb didn't happen, I for one wouldn't have found it easy to run down past the local inhabitants, and I'm sure it would have been suicide for Ewli.  Still, our Zombie-fighting was good experience!

The afternoon session was rather quieter, just Kae and the Sphinx types; Corbenik got in touch at one stage, but just to chat.  With Kae's better bow and better armour the Sphinx Fighters and Sphinx Speer Men seem a bit easier, though the Elite Speer Man can still be tricky.  The stay with them just added 19.98%, and 11 skill points, plus 623 pet points, though I did spend 250 sp on level six of Arrow of Silence, meaning that Kaerella's store of unused skill points has now gone down below 12,000.

Today's new "patch" was tiny, by the way, though we are assured that the mount-to-pet crash has been sorted out and the cure will be enabled soon.  There are very few new "Spring break" packages in the Item Mall, even, though its web-based equivalent seems to be getting bigger.

And Trading Agent Roy is back, much to the relief of people who had lots of valuable items entrusted to his Merchant House.  I've managed to buy 4 Candy for 15,000, a large attack potion for 25,000, and 26 tool aids for 15,400, nice cheap prices, and I can't help suspecting that the first and third of those involved people who didn't realise that they were setting the price for the entire set, not per item...some people were attempting to sell individual Candy or large attack potions for 200,000 or more, which seems over-hopeful to me.

As usual with a Wednesday, I had to make a fairly early exit, so the evening session with the Sphinx types only added another 16.57% experience, along with 9 skill points and another 519 pet points, meaning that Kae's progress for the day was a respectable 83.39% experience, plus 20 skill points and 1382 pet points... which means that SirFrancis might well reach level 32 tomorrow or the day after, depending on how much attacking, rather than healing, I do.

I must confess that an early exit didn't seem like too bad an idea, as soloing the Sphinx Fighters, and Speer Men, does get rather boring after a while.  Going up to a level or two from them would mean Bogles, but they are in Egeha, and hit pretty hard - and the mount-to-pet crash bug would be sure to strike, which would be annoying after spending the 800,000 gold to get there.  The Forgotten Temple mobs are a bit dangerous in their habits, with some magic-users, so soloing there wouldn't be a very good idea.  So, that leaves me with rather limited options at the moment, especially if the people who'll team with me in the Tomb of Theos tend only to be around early in the day.   It's enough to make a return to Cariae country seem rather tempting...

Ah well, Kaerella does have a good armour set and an excellent bow now, so let's hang in there and see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment