Monday 4 May 2009

Kaerella's Turn for the Tomb

SirDarth had another busy day, which meant his horse-in-training moved up to level 25, and was close to level 26 by the evening.  MrChuckNorris logged in in the morning rather later - the idea was for him to move some of his stock of Skill Boxes across to MistressDomina for her to open, as he has way too many of the 15% extra "training skill books", and they can't be traded - but one thing I'd forgotten was that the super skill pills can't be traded either, so all I was able to transfer back to Chuck were some of the platinum super skill pills.

So, an hour of triple skill exp can't be bad, and Chuck headed out to Prokion to use a pssp.  The room I like was empty, so Chuck settled in there for his hour, and got a massive 609 skill points before the pill ran out.  As usual he stayed a little longer, and the total skill point gain was 632, plus 1058 pet points, which meant that his drake is now four levels ahead of him, at level 31.

After lunch SirDarth had a tip-off from another pet leveller that somebody had killed the Grand Red Dragon close by, but hadn't killed the Cerebrii, which was a bit untidy of them, so to avoid any future problem for Darth, Kaerella logged on, rode down, and got rid of them.

The royal knight Corbenik got in touch, and checked what Kae's level was now - he too was level 62, and proposed that we should team up to fight the Screaming Zombies in the Tomb of Theos, just the two of us.  So, I moved across to Auzura-4, and joined him there.

He suggested, after the first Zombie kill went okay, that we should both start a Blessed Iris, which gives double experience for three hours - and, as the afternoon was yet young, that is what we did.  It wasn't long before Corbenik levelled up; I was starting from only 14% of the way into level 62, though.  Each kill gave about 0.75% experience each, with the Iris, so we'd need to kill about 115 Zombies for me to reach level 63, which, considering the time it takes to kill one, as they are fairly strong, being level 100, was quite a target.  We made it, though, with a little time to spare; we did, at Corbenik's urging, even do a few more after the three hours were up, but it was soon time to end the marathon session.

The place was fairly busy, but everyone seemed to manage pretty well; towards the end an archer called DerBoss did cause a few problems by luring Zombies and not being able to deal with them, so that their health reset and they wandered back along the corridor making a menace of themselves for other people already fighting their own monster, but I don't think anyone got killed that way.  I think Corb had died once earlier, but if so he must have used a resurrection scroll, he was back in action very quickly.  I very seldom even thought of healing during a battle, only between them, my job was to lure, to use Slow Shot, and to hug the wall if the Zombie got up close and personal.  There were a couple of occasions when my health got perilously low, but I survived.  At one stage early on an archer was helping us, just by healing us as we fought, which was nice - and towards the end a rogue, SilenGrex, assisted us with Snare, which made life easier.

In total Kae went up 93.95%, and even added a skill point, plus 1382 pet points for SirFrancis, Kae's drake.  Reaching level 63 meant that Kae was able to learn the seventh level of Arrow of Silence, for 350 skill points, which means that that skill, "silencing" the target's special attack skills for ten seconds, now has an 80% chance of success, and hits more powerfully too.  The next such skill upgrade, at level 66, will be more useful though, Slow Shot will have its "power" increased, and also the slow-down will improve from 55% to 60%...

The evening session saw Rage heading for the Sphinx types.  The area was deserted when I arrived, but a level 36 healer called Kukli4kataBG soon arrived, and suggested a team-up.  She was a little bit over-eager to begin with, and we did both die fighting the Elite Sphinx Speer Man, but, concentrating on the non-elite ones, we did okay,  After a while a guildie of hers, Ninatsu, a level 32 rogue, came to join us; it was very handy to have two ranger-type rogues along, and we were able to go for the Elite again. Nina used Snare first, and if it didn't take, then I'd use it...or even if it did take, with the Elite one, I'd need to use it, as he takes a long time to die.  

I'm sure both Nina and Kukli died a number of times, but they were back in action so quickly that I could usually only tell by checking to see if they still had my horse buffs on them.  It was another good long session - they both levelled up twice, and I finally reached level 47, putting on 48.22% experience and 1457 pet points.  I think Kukli said she had very few skill points anyway, so deaths didn't matter greatly - she plans to farm sp at about level 40 apparently.

I'd been able to put on my new "Fatal" armour set hood and boots as soon as I levelled, and also put on the shirt and pants, just to get them bloodsealed.  Back in town I was able to finally get the level 38 skill (requiring 17 stat points in Constitution - two levels, 292 skill points, 100 more defence) Defence Guard, as well as level six of Detect Weakness, which increases my hit rate rather usefully, for 200 skill points.  I'm down to just over thirteen thousand unused skill points now, which ought to keep Rage going for a while.

There was another spawning of the mobs of Pandora's Beasts; the GMs made the announcement, but I knew before then as I could see them behind SirDarth.  I moved him a little way back; it seems these spawnings are so common that nobody bothered to come down into Merac and clear them away...

No comments:

Post a Comment