Tuesday 19 May 2009

MistressDomina Steps In

Due to a rather early start, SirPerivale actually finished getting his horse to level 37 at around nine o'clock this morning, and is now able to take a well-earned rest. I'm sure the Butchers will be glad about that!  SirDarth however was able to continue raising the drake for MistressSabina, though there was a brief break mid-morning when a Pandora's Box showed up, and when opened released a level 50 Beast.

Even with his excellent armour, Darth knows enough to run for it when one of those things turns up; it did in fact manage to attack the drake, which took 5 points of damage before Darth got clear and managed to log out.  This was a job for Rage, who logged in, teleported to Merac, and rode down to deal with it.  The Pandora's Beast dropped 71,200 gold, so it was worth the effort; Rage logged out again, and SirDarth returned and continued the pet-levelling. The drake reached level 19 before lunch, and the levelling-up cured that 95/100 health rating.  By the end of the evening he was comfortably into level 22, so that drake has almost been taken as far as he needs to go.

I didn't do any sustained fighting in the morning session; instead, MistressDomino took in the loot from my other characters, and I made careful notes about the armour sets that I have.  There was much exchanging of the "Wendy Bear" pieces, leaving most of my main characters with three sets each, and a few bloodseal gems distributed to where they were needed.  

I decided to upgrade the shirt and pants of Rage's current level 50/52 armour set from +8 to +11, so that she can now wear the whole set instead of still wearing the +11 shirt and pants from the previous set; I am pretty well off for chaos smelting stones at present, so, why not?  You don't see many rogues around wearing that rather smart red "lion tamer" style armour, so she should stand out a bit.  I may upgrade some of the other sets too, if Chuck doesn't need a high physical defence, well, MistressDomina probably will when she takes it over!

MrChuckNorris became my first character to play the "rock paper scissors" game with the special extra NPC in Randol, opposite the Domain Merchant.  After two draws, he lost the third game, which meant that he won the "school uniform" style titan armour-covering set, something that would otherwise cost 25 aeria points from the Item Mall.  MistressDomino quickly opened an Upgrade Box and got 5 bonus books of melding, which she passed across to Chuck; the costume doesn't include headgear, but for the next thirty days he has a reasonably smart blue suit to wear, with +1 more upgrades to the boots and gloves, and +2 to the jacket and trousers.  Apparently various potions are given out if you win the game, but getting the costume-cover is fine with me.

After lunch it was time for MistressDomina to do some serious skill point farming in Prokion Temple.  Two hours with a super skill pill and a skill pill therefore passed relatively smoothly in my favourite back room -  426 skill points were gained, which was remarkably good for one hour, followed by a more average 394.  As usual, I stayed on a little longer there, and the whole session brought in 905 sp, and 2540 pet points.

Following the early evening food break, my first thought was to let MistressSabina have a go, in the rather easier lower-level rooms of the Temple, but as she is without her pet while SirDarth levels it up, in the end MistressDomina got another session.   This time my favourite back room was in use, and not by anyone who had cheerfully barged in on me while I'd been fighting there, so I went on round to what I call the corridor room.

A small area just outside the main room regularly spawns three Orc Axemen, which is useful as they are exactly MD's level, while almost all the Orcs at that end of the room are Sergeants.  I settled in for an hour, anyway, with the same two pills, and wasn't surprised to find the total not quite as high, as a fair amount of running around has to be done: 356 skill points.  I decided to change over to Chuck and head for the Poison Mists, but ran back to check my favourite room first - and found it empty.

So, MistressDomina took possession of that room again.  I'd run out of (100%) super skill pills, so decided to use a (200%) platinum super skill pill, and, rather than a (15%) skill pill, a (50%) platinum skill pill, which meant that the Orc Axemen now gave 19250 skill experience each, and the Orc Sergeants 17325... what would have got me 400 sp before would now get me 650, by my calculations.  I didn't get quite that high, but the first hour brought in 641 sp, and the second hour a further 627.  

Having those pills active meant that I'd ruled myself out of attending the usual Tuesday evening "Mad Monster Spawn", and I was a bit worried, when the announcements of its approach came up, that it would crash the sub-server, as it has done a few times recently - which would be bad news if I had expensive potions active, I'd either lose valuable time, or even lose the potion itself.  But luckily Auzura-3 remained stable, and, again, I continued on a bit longer, mainly to finish off the current small HP recovery potion, so that the total for the evening session reached 1667 skill points, plus another 3169 pet points, taking MD's drake up to level 24.

So, MistressDomina had a pretty busy time today, with over five hours of Orc-fighting; 2572 skill points is a good step forward, and 5709 pet points is slightly more than a whole level, at her drake's current stage.  I do want MD to have more unused skill points than Chuck, Rage or Kae, when she leaves Prokion Temple, so there will be plenty more sessions to follow.  The drops of the Wendy Bear pieces are useful, and MistressDomino managed to sell quite a few today.  In all this afternoon and evening MD picked up 70 of them in Prokion Temple, varying from 2 to 13 of each of the nine pieces.  There being a limit to the number of costume covers one can use (they can't be traded, and their 30 days of use starts counting down as soon as they arrive), I do need to sell them while the Event lasts...

No comments:

Post a Comment