Saturday 16 May 2009

More Invaders Repulsed

SirDarth and SirPerivale made an early start again - and just after three in the afternoon Ratel's blue horse finally reached level 37, so that was one task finished.  Ratty was online then, so we were able to exchange Hank for the horse-in-training of mine that he'd been using as a pet, and also move across his existing natural-colour mount to his titan, Argoth, before he had to vanish.

I'd been looking forward to levelling a pet that didn't need feeding so much and so often, but I'd forgotten that I still had the horse Ratel had been borrowing to finish - and that one was in level 36 too, so business continued much as ever.  SirPerivale's horse is in level 36 too, so I'm certainly getting through the quality stones at an alarming rate.

A friend phoned me up to say he'd be coming round to collect some things at some point in the afternoon, so I decided to fit in at least an hour in Prokion Temple before lunch for MistressDomina.  The back room I like was in use, even in the morning (well it is the weekend), but the corridor room not far away was free, and indeed I don't think I saw any other players while I was there.  I started a (100% bonus) super skill pill and a (15% bonus) training spell or "skill pill", and settled down for an hour with the Orc Axemen and Orc Sergeants.  Unfortunately this hour did get interrupted by a phone call to say my friend would be coming round in half an hour, and by his visit, but I did manage to get 312 skill points in the hour, and a total of 345 before I had to log out for lunch - with SirPerivale taking over the computer of course.  1019 pet points were gained, too.

After lunch, the plan was to take MrChuckNorris to the Poison Mists, after doing a Merac quest to kill some Pilferers and Bandits; on my way out of Merac Caron I picked up a quest to kill some Berserkers too, which was handy as all three types hang out together.

I'm not entirely sure how Emily462, a level 23 healer, got onto Chuck's Friends list, but she got in touch and asked for some help with levelling, so I invited her to join me in Merac.  She didn't actually help with the fighting, just kept clicked on Chuck to follow me around... which generally worked fine, but when I opened a Pandora's Box and unleashed a level 50 Beast, she was a bit too near, and got attacked, even though I was the one attacking it.  She died, but the good news was that Chuck was able to kill it, even though it is 15 levels above him - and it dropped about 40,000 gold.

So, I continued there with the Berserkers and Bandits, who couldn't do Chuck any harm, and eventually added 11.68% experience - I had stopped on 10%, but the quest reward for the Berserkers added the extra.  Chuck also got 29 skill points and 933 pet points; he's not a very speedy pet leveller, as titans hit hard rather than fast.

SirDarth had released a level 50 Pandora's Beast as well, late in the morning, and Rage had dealt with that one. It didn't drop any cash, just a "Wendy Bear" piece.  A few minutes later another Box had appeared, but thankfully when Darth cracked it open it just gifted him with five physical defence minerals.

There was a general swapping-around of items after Ratel got his horse; most of my characters are keeping three of each part of the "Wendy Bear", and passing any extras across to MistressDomino.  The pieces I am short of are 5 and 8, the others, well, I'll have to see how they sell, later.

After the usual food break, MistressSabina headed for Prokion Temple - only to get interrupted by a plea for assistance from GM Stratos, saying that Auzura-1 was suffering a new undead invasion.  So, naturally, I dashed over to see if I could help, taking the precaution of spending my newly-acquired skill points before actually doing anything dangerous.   Getting the fifth level of a passive skill that increased my defence seemed a good idea, though of course it wasn't much use when a Fluton turned its attention on me.  It was fun, but I ended up a couple of percent down on the experience side, with death penalties outweighing the experience earned.  

The invasion was, I guess, repulsed in the end, though the arena was ludicrously full of Dark Treants at one stage, with a few Flutons in there too.  It seems to me that a lot of the players who "answer the call" are fairly low level, which may well annoy the high level people who have to do the actual work...

After that Sabina returned to Auzura-3 and Prokion Temple, and fought enough Mummies, mainly, to go up to level 23 - that was a total gain of 76.97%, 94 skill points, and 767 pet points.

That just left time for MrChuckNorris to actually spend a little time with the Poison Mists in Dratan desert - just 8.25% experience, 10 skill points, and 256 more pet points, to bring his totals for the day to 19.93%, 39 sp, and 1189 pet points.

After that, well, it was time for SirPerivale to return to his pet-levelling duties against a succession of Butchers, while SirDarth continued to fight his Berserker.  By the end of the evening, it looks as if Darth's horse will just need another three hours, and Peri's one about ten... but I don't know if there'll be enough time tomorrow, starting in the evening, for even Darth's to reach level 37, particularly if time out has to be taken for the usual Sunday Quiz.   Still, it will be nice to get those out of the way; I suppose MistressSabina will want one of them as her mount, I must see if Basher has a need for the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment