Saturday 30 January 2010

Last Chaos Turbo


SirGalahad did continue working on levelling his new dragon hatchling overnight; he got ks'd twice, leaving him just standing there without a death mask lancer to fight, but even so the hatchling had reached level 12 by the morning, and level 14 by coffee time. This meant that even without visiting the animal trainer, Gal's pet had learnt Roar, Charm, Wing Shaking, and Fire Blowing, which are all "social" type skills, for fun and display only. As there hadn't been a chance to visit Randol yet, there were still 13 unused pet stat points, and no levels at all of Armour Increase, but SirGalahad, with his armour and his own defence skills, was able to carry on fine without that.

After coffee though Gal had some time off, while Rage and RedRyder made their usual trip to Tairen-1's Prokion Temple which, it being the morning, or terribly early or late in the USA, was nice and quiet. By the time lunch was approaching, both my rogues had gained 130 skill points; Rage had gone up by 6.85% and 56 guild points, while RedRyder was up by 2.40% and 9 guild points.

While SirGalahad continued his work on the dragon hatchling, for the afternoon session I decided to work on Sarissa's Kaerella, who reached level 15 at the last low-level MMS there. A trip to Velpist Temple in Juno started things off. A sneaky level 22 rogue called XSweetyX came up, activated player-killer mode, and asked what level I was, to which I replied that I was 15 - so she recruited me into a party, and killed a few of the local corpse rangers and skeleton soldiers until I levelled up. At which point, unsurprisingly, she ended the party, and killed me, since level 16 is the first level at which pk-ing works. Ah well, I needed to return to town anyway!

That had taken place in the room outside the "torn book of life" final room in the Temple, off to the left as one enters, so when I returned, after doing some outdoors quests, I headed for the straight-ahead room until I levelled up again. Going back to the scene of the crime a few minutes later, though, that particular rogue had left, and I was able to level a bit more there, and get the last of the four "cursed bones" items needed for a later quest.

After that, it was time for a trip out to Prokion Temple in Dratan; I had slight misgivings when I saw a level 90 (or more) night shadow there, but he was recruiting for his guild rather than going on a killing spree. I decided that I didn't need "GooGooGaGa" floating over my head, and anyway Kae isn't really going to be active enough over on Sarissa to justify being in a guild. I concentrated on killing level 17 ghouls and level 19 mummies; a knight called Maicin did attack me, but he approached, stood there, and switched pk mode on, rather than running in and catching me unawares, so I managed to escape back to the lobby. I fought over on the other side for a few minutes, and when I returned, he had gone, so I didn't have any further problems. A titan called badsanta twice kindly provided me with the Battle Roar buff, and two mages buffed me at different times, the second one, judging by her armour, pretty high level.

When I reached level 20, it was time to go back to Randol and do the new quests, including getting the special "neckless" accessory. Luckily, opening Lorraine's level 18 treasure chest got me a level 21 +4 bow, which should improve Kae's attack. So, for the next low-level Mad Monster Spawn, things should be a little bit easier.

By the time SirGalahad's dragon hatchling was 24 hours old, it had reached level 16, and grown from hatchling to drake. The plan will be to exchange pets with Rage at some point, and then level up hers a bit too, before passing that one on to RedRyder. They sure are pampered, poor Kae on Sarissa doesn't have a hatchling at all, as she has managed to reach level 20 without ever picking up a drake egg.

Aftre the early evening food break, it was the level 53 Cariae cleric incarnation of Kaerella who swung into action. The Last Chaos website had declared that we'd be having a special "Turbo" event today, with either 50% extra skill exp, experience, or pet points for four hours, starting from six UK time. It had also said we'd be told which of those it would be a day in advance, but in the end it remained a mystery until after 6:15, UK time, when the announcement came up that 50% extra skill exp had been switched on.

Whichever 50% they had chosen, Kae on Cariae seemed a good character to benefit from it; as it stacks with the Elizabeth's Enhancement 100% extra, it took the skill exp per akane giant up from 2200 to 2750, which certainly helped. Before too long Kae levelled up, which decreased the skill exp as she was no longer the akane giants' exact level, but 2475 per kill was still very nice to get. After two hours the GMs announced that they were adding 50% extra experience as well "for the final hour" - but they did keep going for the full four hours.

Kaerella logged out a little before the end, but it was still a pretty long session, which included a trip back to Randol to restart the Elizabuff when it ran out after three hours. I did actually have a neighbour out in the desert for a while, a knight called DemonSlayer, but he generally left me to look after the area around the elite akane giant. Kae went up by 27.25%, 292 skill points, and 2677 pet points, which made for a pretty good Turbo boost.

SirGalahad kept going, and that drake he's working on ought to be pretty close to level 19 by the time he logs out tonight. It is very handy that for some reason those "run out of memory" errors don't come up anything like as quickly as they did a month or two back, that saves a lot of runs back down through Maargadum Jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment