Thursday 12 August 2010

Back to the Two Tombs


I didn't have a morning session, since it was time to go off and do a big monthly-type shopping trip, but I managed to get all my usual line-up of characters through their attendance half hours by the end of lunchtime, which is the main thing, even if I didn't have a chance to do any in-game shopping. MrChuckNorris kept busy herb-farming while I was out, anyway.

The afternoon session involved MistressDomina, Kaerella, and the polar bear cub, in another trip to the Tomb of Theos, where as ever there were plenty of helpers. I don't think anyone deliberately lured a large group of screaming zombies onto us this time, though there were times when someone would run for his life with around three of them on his tail, and of course another one or two would spawn among the helpers. Kaerella did have to be quick to unequip the polar bear cub a time or two, but she is getting better at that.

By the time the early evening food break loomed, MistressDomina had added 7.16% in level 91, taking her past the halfway point, along with 6 skill points and 2552 pet points. My archer Kaerella added exactly 40.00% in level 89, helped along by using a 61-90 type platinum blessed iris during the "dungeon time" hour with its 50% experience boost, plus 5 skill points. The polar bear cub went up by 88.70%, which was just enough to get him into level 28.

We were promised a "Happy Hour" from six to ten, UK time, but we were not told in advance what is was going to be, until just before the start when old Crankypants, er, I mean [GM]AwesomeSauce, mentioned in the shoutbox that it would be double experience. In the hope that it would mean extra skill exp, I'd taken MistressSabina to Maargadum Jail, but, after having the dungeon time boost for 45 minutes already, she just stayed about another 20 minutes or so into the four hours, fighting mainly the beast scythes. The third room had been in use when I'd arrived, but I got the run of it before too long. MistressSabina reached level 45 at last, adding 16.15%, another 71 skill points, and 735 pet points.

Despite having her 10% attendance allowance, her 100% Elizabeth's Enhancement buff, and the 100% extra from the Happy Hour, I noticed that MistressSabina's experience boost had been "capped" at 150%, so that a monster that usually gave 16,000 experience gave 40,000...which was okay I guess, as Sabina needs her skill points.

Anyway, I switched over from MistressSabina on Auzura to RedRydeR and my cleric Kaerella on Cariae, since the extra experience was better for them than for Sabina, with no Elizabuff to worry about, and headed for the Tomb of Theos once more, on Cariae-4. After a while the rogue Workoholic asked to join our party, and a little later the knight parsifals joined up too... he asked us to change over to a combat party, so we did that.
We ended up with the rogue Workoholic, the knight parsifals, and his friend, another rogue, AriJackson, in the party, and even, right at the end after Red and Kae had almost completely stopped actively fighting, the knight XXjakeXX and the titan Turgon3.

My duo did hang about a bit after my usual log-out time, getting and giving the combat party boost, and with Kaerella providing buffs and some healing. Both characters had reached level 90 by then. When RedRydeR finally left, she had added 66.91%, plus 8 skill points and 2360 pet points. Kaerella stayed slightly longer, but didn't get as much experience in total, as a combat party isn't really good for her, as she doesn't deal damage as quickly as most other players - particularly if she is having to do some healing. When she left, she had added 56.59%, 8 skill points, and 2343 pet points...and turned down an invitation from Workoholic to a monster combo party. Having a healer along would have been useful, but preferably one who would be able to stay awake throughout, I think...

So, tomorrow I definitely must do some shopping - MistressSabina may have a new quest to find, while I'm sure Cariae's Kaerella and RedRydeR will have skills to learn. I may even be able to fit in some fighting as well, who can tell?



No comments:

Post a Comment