Thursday 26 March 2009

Another Short Day

I was busy all day until the evening, from mid-morning, though I was able to set up Last Chaos characters and monitor them.  That meant that, after shifting some recent loot across to MistressDomino, she was able to spend most of the morning in merchant mode, and did pretty well, taking in about 17 million in gold for tool aids, three heaven stones, moonstones, moonstone boxes, large attack and defence potions, physical attack and defence potions... I even sold another Myst Eye.

SirDarth spent almost the entire day out in Merac levelling the horse, after using a good number of tool aids to mine some more quality stones. Kaerella has the pale blue mount now, MistressDomina already had a natural-colour one, which is liable to turn to a fine white horse when I transfer that white pet colouring crystal BasheR gave me across... so the horse Kae had been using is now with my rogue RAGE.  Which means that SirDarth's current horse is liable to go to my titan, MrChuckNorris, when the appropriate level is reached. He reached level 30 today, so is very nearly mountable, though as usual we're aiming for 37.

One of the packages is the item mall this week is "Spring: On the Rocks", which for 999 ap gives no less than twenty lucky smelting stones - "you save 3000 ap", they say.  And I noticed that there was a "buy one get one free" offer going on for it this morning, so, I managed to scrape together just enough ap to buy that, which ought to mean some useful armour upgrades.  Maybe SirDarth's armour will go to +6 instead of +5?

After a little merchant-browsing, Kaerella went off to do some mining, the slow way; just using tool aids is fine, 27 quality stones at a time, but if one leaves a character mining, they pick up all three kinds of stone, and it is handy to have good supplies of imperfect stones (3 hunger points) and flawed stones (1 point) as well as quality stones (5 points), so that one can top up the horse's yellow bar to exactly 100.

I'd seen a level 57 +15 weapon for sale for 75 million earlier, and been very tempted, so after MistressDomino had taken in the sale proceeds this morning, I reckoned that I could just about afford it - so went back to Auzura-1's Randol, found its seller, TitanKamun, and handed over my cash.  It is already a fully bloodsealed archer's bow, which is handy, though Kae will need to reach level 53 before she can use it.

I had picked up a pair of titan pants, level 56, from the Sphinx Fighters a day or two back, and I saw a rogue shirt of the same level, already +3, on sale for 3,005,000, which seemed like a bargain to me.  I've converted them both into the healer equivalents - and when, just before log-out time, there was a special upgrade event, after a successful "scavenger hunt", I briefly switched back to Kae and upgraded the skirt (changed from the pants) to +3, just using three heaven stones with no failures.  When I reach level 51 I'll be able to wear them, but I still need the boots, gloves and headgear for the set, which will probably be hard to find...especially the boots!  Just in case I see a complete armour set for sale at an affordable price, I won't add lucky smelting stones to the two pieces yet.

Well, the evening session started with Kaerella taking a trip out to the Sphinx Fighters on Auzura-1, as requested by CZnaruto6 and also CZLoarie - though by the time I was ready to head out, they were both back in Randol I noticed, rather over-optimistically fighting in the arena there, against some strange level 135 beasts called Flutons which a GM or someone like that must have spawned.

Loarie did team up with me for a little while, and indeed joined Norcaine, though I don't really expect that to last; there were a few other regulars around too.  Unfortunately Auzura-1 had a mass disconnection before too long, when I logged back in that sub-server was tagged "maintenance", so I moved across to Auzura-3 instead, where I could solo party with SirDarth, and continued there for a while.  It wasn't a hugely long session, but at least I didn't die today - I got a skill point from somewhere, and 287 pet points, plus 9.60% experience.

But Kaerella is too high a level to benefit from Blessed Rewards, while Auzura is again "recommended", so it was time to give MistressDomina, my level 23 mage, the outing she missed out on recently, and ride out to Shuraine's oasis in the Dratan desert for some Sand Golem farming.  As my area included the Elite Sand Golem, I did end up with three bits of ready-plussed level 27 headgear of various types. as well as the twenty drops of Soft Sand I was after... ten for a quest MD has, and the second ten for a quest she hasn't got yet.

Kamira did drop in, unsurprisingly; I mentioned it on the forum shoutbox, but nobody seemed interested, so after her usual 14 minutes she just went away again.  Luckily she wasn't directly over where the Elite Sand Golem spawned, so it was easy enough to work around her.  Once I'd got all twenty of the drops I wanted, I mounted up and rode on to Prokion Temple, which is quite near, and fought Orc Soldiers.

I'd not needed any health boost with the Sand Golems, even though they are five levels above MD, because I had my horse buffs - inside the Temple I couldn't re-cast those buffs when they ran out, so I used, well, three or four of the small health potions probably, but generally the Blessed Rewards kept me going.  By the end MistressDomina had added 156 skill points (and 1499 pet points) - it's hardly power skill point farming, that can wait until she moves on up to level 27 with more skills and a better weapon and armour, but a few extra sp always comes in handy.

Failure2020 was out pet-levelling next to SirDarth again - while I was briefly changed to Kae to upgrade that skirt in Randol he was the star of a "has been chosen to receive divine gifts" announcement, so Darth congratulated him when he got back.  He hadn't really been concentrating, so it was news to him, but he had the ten moonstones in his inventory to prove it.

So, a short day, but not without incident.  Tomorrow should allow a rather longer playing time, with any luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment