Sunday 22 March 2009

An Empty Tomb

Both my level 22 pet-levelling knights started work relatively early, at least for a Sunday morning.  SirPerivale took some time off later while Kaerella used twenty tool aids, and twenty healer hammers, to mine some more quality stones.  Kae then went across to SirDarth in Merac while he fought his Berserker, and traded 500 across to him.  On the way from Darth to Maargadum Jail, she did encounter one Pandora's Box, which when opened revealed five moonstones.

A not very long late morning session in Maargadum Jail, with the Beast Scythes on level two mainly, added 3.40%, 16 skill points, and 297 pet points - it took Kae to exactly halfway through level 44.  One thing I noticed after a while was that she no longer had a resurrection scroll active, the "roll-back" from last night's mass disconnection had removed it, as it had only recently been applied.  And of course, with Last Chaos, this didn't mean that the unused scroll had reappeared in her inventory.

Over lunch both the horses levelled up, so SirDarth's blue horse is level 32 now, and SirPerivale's horse is level 24.  That means six and two starvation points per five minutes, respectively.  I see that Darth's current level is almost exactly twice as long as Peri's, 9457 as opposed to 4746 pet points.

I swapped the horses over between the two knights, on the feeling that with all thirty levels of Armour Increase, Peri's +3 armour would be enough for him to withstand a Berserker's attack, while Darth's +5 armour and twenty-three levels ought also to be okay; Peri's defence rating was now 858, and Darth's 848, so things are pretty equal.  But it was time for Darth to take a rest, and Kaerella to sign in again.

I started off with the Giants, using the last of the 24-hour 30% extra experience potion, but after that CZnaruto2 gave me the call to go to the Sphinx Fighters on Auzura-1.  It was a bit strange to begin with, actually, I got absorbed into the main party of people, did a Party Heal and the horse buffs - and found myself out in the cold again.  One of the regulars did team up with me, though, until what I assume was a mass disconnection, at least there were very few people there when I got back.

For most of the afternoon I was teamed with CZnaruto2 and, after a while, a titan, terry95, and thanks to extra experience from the Sunday teatime bonus, by the time the food break came up, I'd gone up another 45.78%, and added 5 skill points.

CZnaruto2 rather annoyed me later, though, asking me to come to the Tomb of Theos - and when I got inside, after paying the 132,000 gold admission fee, there was only him there, not a functioning party.  I did try Slow Shot on a Screaming Zombie, but couldn't get it down in health all that much, and had to run for it - and when I went back, as I'd left its immediate circle its health had returned to 100%.  CZ left, asking me to go to the Sphinxes, but I didn't feel like that, and went to Maargadum Jail instead, where it didn't take all that long to get the last 4% or so that I needed to reach level 45.

I continued on there until it was time for the Quiz, which was still an hour early by UK time, as our clocks don't go forward an hour for another week.  Luckily the questions were the usual ones, I think they don't even bother to change the order of them any more, so everything went smoothly.  And after that, there was an upgrade event, which is starting to get traditional for Sunday after the Quiz.  Ratel was on for the Quiz, and BasheR too - I don't think Ratel used his newly-acquired heaven stones this time, but Bash reported mixed fortunes, including the breakage of a +14 item.

After the Quiz I took Kaerella out to the Akane Giants again; I'd not got anything worth upgrading, so I just put my heaven stones in storage.  By the time Kae logged out, the evening session in its low-key way had added just 12.16%, plus 64 skill points, so that the day's total was 61.34% experience, 85 skill points, and 2159 pet points.

SirPerivale continued his work, chatting rather a lot with a level 33 knight called failure2020, who was killing plenty of Berserkers, before starting a platinum pet experience potion to try and level his horse up.  He was hitting bare-handed for 53, so the Berserkers didn't last very long for him.  By the end of the evening, it looks to me, as I type, that Peri's horse ought just to be able to reach level 33.

No comments:

Post a Comment