Tuesday 10 March 2009

Under the Wings of Kamira

MistressDomino had a successful night of it, selling large attack and defence potions, item drop boosters, moonstones, moonstone boxes, tool aids, and even a few heaven stones, so I guess we are back in the market for accessories... though it would take a few more nights (and the items to sell then) to get enough gold for a really good one. An "Eyes of Spirit" is the best one for an archer, but usually costs 200 million or more.

SirDarth's overnight pet-levelling went smoothly, so that the hatchling became a drake (which happens at level 16), and indeed reached level 19, with level 20 being reached later in the morning.  As I had to go off on a shopping trip, I couldn't do any actual adventuring, so MD (or MD-2, as I tend to use "MD" for my active mage, MistressDomina, and this is my merchant mage, MistressDomino, we're talking about) and Darth continued their work for a few more hours.

After lunch, Kaerella got her new level 37 bow from MistressDomino; at +10 it actually did less damage than the level 29 +13 one, but at +11 it overtook it, and at +13 the damage figure stood at just over 10% more.

Suitably equipped now, Kae headed back to the Poison Mists in Dratan desert - BasheR was shocked to learn I'd gone there, he thought I'd be unable to handle them, but he was confusing them (level 39) with the similar-looking Masters of Secret Technique (level 57), which would indeed be a bit too much at this stage.  I used a platinum adrenaline to speed up my hit rate, and by the end of the afternoon session I'd gone up 52.77% and 40 skill points.  After my food break, I settled in for a long session, using a Blessed Iris which I think I'd got from a skill box - it gives double experience for three hours, so combining that with three platinum adrenalines in succession moved things along nicely.  I continued on for a bit afterwards, too.

Yesterday, the only level 36 armour I got was three pairs of sorcerer pants, but today I did rather better, with I think almost all the types of pants or skirts - and, thanks to the Elite Poison Mist being a fully-qualified boss-type, the rogue and healer ones were already +4, which is very nice.  I noticed that the +4 healer skirt gives exactly the same defence as Kae's existing +7 level 31 skirt, so, as I didn't have any bloodseal gems with me anyway, didn't bother changing.  As before, masses of manuals for the making of level 41 shields dropped, and plenty of the "thick liquid" item, which as far as I know is completely useless.  I do now have enough Myst Eyes, if I ever decide to do the appropriate quest for a "human tribe" type new pet on Auzura, too.  And there were I think three level 37 weapon drops, a healer bow like the one Kae is using (though without the +13), and a pair of rogue crossbows.

Especially with Kae pumped up on adrenaline and killing quickly, this was again the place in the desert where the action was, and it wasn't too long into the afternoon before Grand Devilroad Kamira, the level 70 raid boss, turned up.  It's lucky that they changed her from aggressive to passive when they changed the Dratan map, her arrival used to mean almost instant death if one was within her range, but now she just floats there, wings gently flapping, seeming a little bored with the whole proceedings.  After the 14 minutes of her first visit, she disappeared, only to "arrive" again a second later, as she'd found nowhere else busy enough to be worth moving to.  She also put in multiple appearances during the evening session.

So, Kamira was entirely harmless, but of course still menacing, it's a little off-putting to be fighting almost directly under her, knowing that if one accidentally clicked on her and attacked her instead of a Poison Mist, one would be dead in seconds.  As it was, she did me no harm - the only time I was in danger was when I opened a Pandora Box and released a level 50 Pandora Beast.  For a while I just avoided it, which was awkward - when I decided to try to kill it, well, I was lucky to survive, it certainly hit me hard, and running away wasn't easy with all the Poison Mists around.  But I did manage to kill it, and things returned to normal.  It might not have been such a narrow squeak if I'd used health potions, which can be triggered while running, but playing a healer I never think of using them, as Kae has her own healing skills.

It would have been nice to have had the Elite Poison Mist to myself, but the sorcerer Dobby was also around for much of the time, it seemed, and though he worked a different side of the area, we were often in competition for the Elite, both I suppose for the possibility of a better drop, and the triple experience.  He gave up before I did... although he may well be back there even now, I guess.

Anyway, with the double experience gain for three hours the evening session was pretty productive for me; 125 skill points were gained, and a whole two levels - 206.50% to be exact, making a total for Kae's day of 259.27%, so that she is well into level 35 now.  The total skill point gain of 165 more than covered the cost of the one level 35 skill, which I got when Kae returned to town - Rise Focus 2 level 1 (further levels come at levels 72, 82 & 92), which permanently increases an archer's hit rate by 264, boosting Kae's current stat for that from 623 to 857, which sounds very, very useful.

SirPerivale was levelling Ratel's horse, and providing Kae with a "solo party", for most of the afternoon and evening; the horse is now well into level 31, so could be made into a mount, though the idea is to go on to level 37 for the best possible horse buffs.  Stavanic is asking about having another dragon hatchling levelled up a bit, but that will have to wait.  There wasn't any sign of Ratel today, I hope his connection is working okay and that his kids are allowing him to get some sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment