Wednesday 25 March 2009

An Unexpected Level

There doesn't seem to be anything different after last night's maintenance shut-down, except that the item mall packages now have a "Spring" theme.  "Spring: Grassy Knoll" is a bit of a strange name for one package, a quick Google search confirms that "grassy knoll" is still primarily associated with the assassination in Dallas of a certain US President.  Maybe that's why the special "buy one get one free" offer announcements in-game call it "Spring: Greasy Knoll" instead...

It didn't take long this morning for SirPerivale to get that pale blue horse to level 36, and, by using three of the triple pet experience one-hour potions, we got him to level 37 by mid afternoon - job done.  So Peri enjoyed a well-deserved rest for the rest of the day, while SirDarth went out to the Berserkers instead, getting his horse up to level 27 before the tea break, and well into level 28 before the end of the evening.

Stavinac did mention that there was double experience on for a while this morning, but I was too busy to take advantage of it, sadly, and it soon got turned off.

After lunch Kaerella got invited to the Sphinx Fighters by CZnaruto2, and joined his party along with Blackknight8 and humuscz, but they seemed very hard to keep alive, with Naruto in particular charging back into battle before he was fully healed.  So I was very glad to get an invitation to the Tomb of Theos from Optimusprime - though I did stay with the sphinx-fighters for a few minutes more before teleporting across to the Tomb entrance, on Auzura-1.

However, I'd made the mistake of not leaving Naruto's party, so they could see on the map where I'd gone.  I left the party before going in, saying that only I was invited to join a Zombie party, but both CZnaruto2 and humuscz followed me in, and made a nuisance of themselves asking to join our party, which was  the knight Optimusprime and the titans Caroz and WaSKonE, and me.

In the end, to get a bit of peace, not be KS'd, and avoid the temptation to PK the pair, we moved over to Auzura-6, and settled in for a nice productive session.  As I'd started the day not much over halfway through level 47, it came as a complete surprise when I levelled up, I thought SirFrancis must have levelled, but no it was me - and by the time we stopped for a food break, I'd gone up in all 65.27%, plus 375 pet points.

I stayed in the Auzura-6 Tomb over my food break, and when I returned Caroz was soloing a Screaming Zombie - as he was using an experience booster he didn't want to party at that moment, but I gave some healing anyway.  He was using a Blessed Iris, and mentioned he was getting about 13% experience per zombie that way; I remarked that a Platinum Blessed Iris would be even better, so he went off to buy one.  And didn't return, sigh, at least not to that particular sub-server...it looks as if he's decided to go solo to level up there in future.

I did switch to MistressDomina, with the idea of getting some Soft Sand for a quest she has, but I had the keys for her drake and her mount the other way round from the way Kae has them, so as soon as I arrived at Shuraine's oasis I got the "Send Error Report?" pop-up, and had to close Last Chaos.  Oh well, I'd been meaning to see if that bug had been cured yet, obviously it hasn't.  

There had been a level 50 Pandora's Beast just outside Dratan City's East Gate, so I switched back to Kaerella to deal with that; it just dropped an entirely ordinary amount of gold, but since I was on Kae again I headed for the Sphinx Fighters on Auzura-3, and played solo there, with SirDarth providing the other half of the "solo party", ignoring a summons from Naruto to go there on Auzura-1.  I generally did pretty well, managing to kill the Elite Sphinx Speer Man, but on a couple of occasions he did get his revenge.  The second time, at least, wasn't my fault, he was held back by a palm tree, so I had time to cast Self Heal... only suddenly he wasn't held back, and hit me hard, whump.

My evening in Last Chaos ended early, as it usually does on a Wednesday, but that solo session had added another 31.95%, and 4 skill points, so that on the whole day my experience gain was 97.22% - plus those 4 skill points and 1073 pet points.

So, once Kae has taken delivery of her new pale blue horse, the priority, apart from some more levelling, has to be to try to get her a better armour set, something that she'll be using long enough for it to be worth getting it up to at least +6.  A new bow can wait a while, but that old armour really has to go soon.  BasheR was suggesting that Norcaine is too quiet for us now, as Ratel has hardly played at all for the last week or so, and the only other person, JadaMarie, has a different server as her main priority, and is still sp-farming.  If he finds a suitable guild, maybe at least one of my characters ought to move across with him...

No comments:

Post a Comment