Friday 5 June 2009

A Financial Disaster

I was busy in the morning, so SirDarth, with his usual early start, and SirPerivale were able to do some pet-levelling.  There seemed a gratifying shortage of Pandora Beasts around... Darth did have his Berserker killed by a pair of passers-by, but, not holding a grudge, did help one of them by leading him to the Jail entrance.  The other one apparently had some expensive pots running, so couldn't stick around...

The plan had been to send MistressSabina to Prokion Temple for an hour if I had the time, or, failing that, to send FoxChaser out to Juno's foxes for a while, but in the end all I had time to do was send Rage out for some mining, getting through thirty hammers and tool aids.  With the lunch break and other errands before that, she was able to do a little random mining in ten-minute sessions, and then afterwards rode down to SirDarth and traded across 700 quality stones, 100 imperfect stones, and 300 flawed stones, so Darth is well set up for his continuing endeavours now.

Stavanic came down to Darth during the lunch hour with a gift - a +5 Royal Shield, which is two plusses better than the one Peri had been using.  I did come to the screen to check what was going on, leaving my coffee downstairs as I didn't expect to stay long, and managed to get a bit confused as, while it was Stavanic's knight next to me doing the trading, the message window that also popped up wasn't, as I assumed, him trying to attract my attention, it was BadToTheBone, BasheR's rogue.

I wondered how Stavanic had come into possession of a level 87 healer six-sealed evasion helm, with the special sixth seal speeding up the "cool-down" of skill preparation, and came to be asking my advice about pricing - and Bash was wondering what my response of "nice" was to do with, and why I was suggesting trading back the drake I'd loaned him for the one I had at my shoulder.  Luckily, he soon realised that I was confusing him with someone else; I logged SirPerivale back in so that I could communicate on the guild channel with Stavanic, on whichever character he was, and apologise for my silence when he traded the shield across.

So, we traded drakes back; my level 28 one had reached level 29 for him, which was useful, while his drake had in all gone up from 565/1303 in level 9 to 2690/3362 in level 20, in the process just devouring 54 quality stones and 13 imperfect ones, so the five tool aids he'd passed over more than covered expenses.  He is talking about getting a set of 25/27 knight armour all up to +9 for Peri, so that he could fight Berserkers at least when his pet could give a substantial Armour Increase buff... he would exchange that for a mount.   Ah well, let's see if he can get the armour up to that level - with Rage's horse likely to reach level 37 in the next few days, I ought to have a spare mount available.

The "Financial Disaster" wasn't mine, luckily, though I hope the confusing chat he had with me wasn't a contributing factor for BasheR.  I did suggest light-heartedly that he should level Kaerella up so that she could use that level 87 healer helm, as it turned out he would have been well advised to do that.  What he did do was go into merchant mode to sell it, at 3,000,000,000 gold, which is probably a fair price for such a rare and desirable item.  The only problem is that he left out three of the zeroes, so actually sold it for 2,997,000,000 less than he meant to.  "Omg!  I sold for 3 mil... wanted 3 bil. Nooo!  I'm a fool, I don't believe it.  Omg.  I forgot 3 zeroes..."

Bash later reported "xhealerx took it from me, and sold it for 400 mil to kingmafia, now mafia is taking offers.  That thing cannot stay hidden, I tracked it."  Still, it was just one lucky drop while he was drop-farming in Strayana, maybe he'll get something else as good in a day or two.

The afternoon session began with MistressSabina heading for Prokion Temple at last.  She only had one of the 15% skill pills to use, so that the Orc Sergeants gave 5692 skill exp and the Orc Sergeants gave  4427, but managed to get 179 skill points in the hour, or 180 in total, plus 994 pet points, which were enough to get her drake to level 27, and 476 guild points.  But before the hour had ended, the "happy hour" began, and rather than the double drop rate that had been mentioned, it was 50% extra experience, so it seemed like a good idea to switch characters as soon as the skill pill expired.

So, the rest of the afternoon saw Rage and Chuck visiting the Sphinx types.  We had the place to ourselves for most of the time, but later on Elpuiohealer and DeathBoss, a titan in the HonourBound guild, turned up.  I assumed that Elpui was doing the actual work, from glancing across at what they did, with DeathBoss as a high-level "minder" to buff her and intervene if there was trouble, but actually it was the other way round, she was power-levelling him, getting the Elite Sphinx Speer Man down to around 5% health and using "pet return to village", leaving him to finish it off and get the experience.  It didn't always work, I saw him drop to the ground dead when he took on a regular Sphinx Fighter that had got too close.

Earlier a royal knight called KingTrill had arrived, immediately attacked the Elite, used plenty of health/mana pots, perhaps expensive "Candy" too, died, and left me with the Elite on about 40% health, to finish off.  It was all over in 30 seconds I'm sure...

Anyway, Rage added 13.32%, while Chuck went up by 39.03% - which meant he reached level 47.  They each got 6 skill points, though Chuck spent 710 sp on skills during a trip back to town, and Rage's horse got 974 more pet points.

Chuck now had enough stat points in Constitution for the Defend passive skill's five levels (for increasing long-range evasion by 25), and was also able to learn Smite's final level, level 6, which increases its chance of success from 70% to 80%, and the duration of its stun from 5 to 15 seconds, and the one-and-only level of Battle Roar 2, increasing the old Battle Roar buff from 20 to 24 on a player's physical attack, and increasing its duration too.

My food break was a bit delayed to get the whole of the "happy hour" boost, and I made the mistake of delaying it further for a strange "sasquatch milking" event hosted by GM Stratos back in Juno.  Riding around in search of various coordinates isn't my strong point, and I didn't find any groups of monsters except some assassinbugs which weren't at one of the announced locations.  People who had found the right spots had got some drops of "milk", which, back at Randol's west gate, they traded to Stratos - and just got a Sasquatch Scroll as a reward, apparently.  There was a cursory spawning of goodies, but all I managed to grab was a large attack potion.  All in all, it seemed rather pointless.

The evening session was a bit late starting; Ratel had gone out to the Giant Larvae in Merac, but wasn't finding them very good company, so was happy to team up with Chuck and Rage at the usual Sphinx spot.  We were also joined by BatCow, but she didn't stay very long.  Ratel himself stayed a bit longer than usual, but his new job involves working on Saturdays, so he logged out at around 8:40 pm UK time, which I think, during our summer, is 9:40 for him.

I didn't stay there long after that, and Rage's experience gain was just 7.69%; Chuck went up 20.59%, while they each got 4 skill points, and Rage's pet horse added another 855 pet points.

For a relaxing end to the day, I logged in as my level five healer Barbarienne, and, after selling a lot of the duplicate healer armour she was storing, took her out into Juno to fight the foxes, wolves, and a few jaguars.  I did come across one Pandora's Box, but it released a level 30 blood wolf-type Beast, which I didn't want to tangle with.  The Boxes themselves are level 1, and so at that point were still green-named for Barb, so that this one actually dropped something for her - a piece of the Wendy Bear puzzle. 

By the end of the session Barbarienne had reached level 7, but I can't say I have any plans for her that would get her anywhere near her level 100 namesake over on Cariae.  She'll probably join Discipline, and have her experience frozen on level ten, until some time when she can conveniently level up from there to level twenty.

SirPerivale's horse is now more than halfway through level 33; once Rage's horse reaches level 37 the plan would be to move this one across to Rage, to be levelled up slowly but, as Rage is a higher level, without using so many quality stones. That new +5 shield has got its bloodseals now, which are a better set than the +3 one had - 1 attack and 2 long range physical defence aren't very good, but adding 33 to close range evasion can't be bad.

 SirDarth has got his drake most of the way through level 29 now.  It is perhaps possible that this particular drake may end up as my first dragon-mount.  With his good-strength armour, Darth might do rather well as a dragon-rider, mobbing some outdoor monsters of an appropriate level, but he'll need a better weapon than his current +3 one, as the dragon's attack is based on its rider's own offence capabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment