Wednesday 24 June 2009

Levelling Up, Times Four

SirDarth and SirPerivale made their usual early start, and, as I was busy away from the World of Iris, had a full morning's uneventful work. An archer called m3ltd0wn did drop by and kill Darth and Peri's Berserkers, but when I commented that "ks-ing is naughty", replied that so was afk pet-levelling...but as I obviously wasn't away from the keyboard, she apologised.

Things got rather more dramatic at around one o'clock, when I checked up on the screens and found that SirPerivale was dead. There was a similar window on Darth's screen too, but that was a Friend application from a level 22 rogue called TheLeesT... Darth was being attacked by the Pandora's Beast that had killed Peri and his horse, but by running like heck towards town, and unequipping his drake, managed to survive. The drake was down to 13% health by then, so it was a narrow squeak. I don't know if it was TheLeesT or somebody else who had opened the Box and released the Pandora's Beast, but you can't really blame them.

Chuck logged in and came down to kill the Beast, which dropped 66,400 gold - which is at least something to put against the 317,520 gold that the Animal Trainer charged to "unseal" Peri's pet. I do wish, after paying all that money, that one's pet was returned to life with more than 30% health, but when pet-levelling one generally hopes that there are going to be no more attacks before the next level is reached, and the health returns to 100%.

For the afternoon session, MistressDomina headed to Prokion Temple. My favourite back room was in use when I arrived, so I went back to the "corridor room", and kept busy there. I used a ssp (100% boost) and an sp (15%), so that, at level thirty, the Orc Sergeants gave me 9011 experience and 10642 skill exp, and the Orc Axemen 4814 and 8277, and in the hour the boosts lasted added 354 skill points, which, given that that room isn't over-endowed with respawning Orcs, seemed pretty good to me.

Once the hour was up, I went to check on my favourite room, and found it quiet, so quickly started a pssp (200% boost) and an sp, so that now the skill exp per kill was 15592 per Sergeant, and 12127 per Axeman. Unfortunately, I hadn't noticed that two members of the "WhiteRabbits" guild were actually in the room, wall-hugging in corners: Gotrek, a knight, and Ethlinde, a healer. When they returned from their brief afk-ness, I had to... hang on a moment, they never did return, to my puzzlement and relief. It's a bit bad to hang around like that, if I'd seen them I probably wouldn't have risked starting a "power hour", and that room's supply of Orcs would have been wasted.

So, I mobbed the Orcs with gusto, and at about the halfway point MistressDomina reached level 31 - so now the Orc Sergeants gave 8536 experience and 13860 skill exp, and the Orc Axemen gave 3851 and 10395. Still, the whole hour yielded 524 skill points, and a few odd extra ones brought the afternoon's total up to 888, along with 54.98% experience and 1833 pet points for MD's drake.

Archeon had messaged me, asking me to log on as Rage and read the NefariousShadows guild's GM Message, so that's what I did next - he had decided to merge the guild, or its membership, into a different one, DreamingRequiem, founded by one of Katar's top players apparently. Archie's knight character Acheron was already over in the new guild, so Archeon was able to kick me from the old guild, after which Acheron was able to recruit me into DreamingRequiem. Acheron is a Guild Adviser - confusingly the refugee from Katar, the guild master, is also called Acheron, with a slightly different decoration of "xx" on each side. XxAcheronxX is the guild master, and xXAcheronXx my old companion.

I've never seen a guild with so many people online, which is a good sign I guess; at the moment Rage, at level 61, seems to be their highest level member, but no doubt that will change, XxAcheronxX has bought a large supply of experience boosters and intends to be high-level by the end of next week. For myself, my plan once Rage is level 62, and Chuck is 52, has been to work on Kaerella a bit, but that depends on what party opportunities come along.

MistressDomina logged back in long enough to visit the Mage skill trainer, and become a wizard officially - which increases her health and mana supplies nicely, though she has to reach level 32 to be able to learn the first wizard skills. Her stat points are now redistributed, with 12 each in constitution and dexterity, as a couple of the new skills will need those levels, with the remaining points in intelligence. I noticed that her carrying power is slightly increased by choosing her new occupation, her inventory's weight went down from 71.92% to 67.78%...

Peri logged back in to join Darth at the Berserkers, for the food break. The final level for Peri's horse is a long one, with 8 food points being used every five minutes, so that 100 to 0 on the starvation bar only takes 62 minutes, but, apart from the earlier problems, all was proceeding according to plan.

The evening was another long session out at the Sphinx types for Rage and Chuck, and a successful one, kept interesting by plenty of chat on Rage's guild channel...while Chuck was being told of Ratel's latest exploits too, apparently he gave that fat old spider-boss Baal a good kicking. I generally had the place to myself; a royal knight called "mujakedinoo" briefly visited to kill the Elite once and a few others, a rather lower level one, SirNathan2004, rather more carefully cut out the occasional Sphinx Fighter, and the mage Wortex arrived a few minutes before I left. For most of the time it was a Combat party, but when Rage was approaching her new level, rather ahead of Chuck, I changed it over to Equal, which was handy as both XxAcheronxX and another new guildie, Galldora, joined for solo party purposes.

Rage reached level 62, and was able to put on the hood and boots of the Methodical set at last; she beamed back to Dratan City for some bloodseal gems, and we concentrated on getting Chuck to level 52, though his new armour set isn't quite available for him yet. So, our missions were accomplished; Rage had gone up 21.97% and 21 skill points, Chuck had gone up 24.64% and 20 skill points, and Rage's drake had added 1896 pet points.

After that it was just a matter of returning Darth and Peri to Merac and their Berserkers. Lilwonderer contacted Darth to warn him that "someone called ToBeDeleteSoon" might well try to kill his Berserker...ah well, it won't be the first time, there's not really a lot I can do to stop that sort of thing. By the end of the evening, Darth's horse had moved on to level 29, thus returning to full health - and Peri's horse soon afterwards at last reached the full level 37, which brought events to a satisfactory conclusion, I think. It's not every day that three characters, and a horse, reach such significant new levels, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment