Sunday 21 June 2009

Just a Few Hours

As expected, it was gone six in the evening, UK time, when I finally got logged on - and that was for a little pet-levelling with SirDarth and SirPerivale while I got myself some food. My newer computer had decided that it needed a second crack at some of those updates, which held things up for a few minutes, but apparently this time Internet Explorer 8 did succeed in setting itself up. Peri did open a Pandora's Box as soon as he arrived at the Berserker spot - it spat out a level 50 Pandora's Beast, but luckily it was over on the far side of the clearing, and didn't attack its liberator, so my two knights were able to continue unmolested while I ate.

Once I was able to log him in, my titan MrChuckNorris rode down and dealt with the Beast without any difficulty, using Smite to stun it; his reward was 47,200 gold. After that he headed off to Dratan and the Sphinx Fighters, where he was soon joined by Rage.

After a long day, I was a bit too tired to really throw myself into it, but, aided by Chuck's buffs, Rage managed to kill quite a few of the local Sphinx types. I'd seen TinySickNinja back in Dratan City, along with Succubus2, and they seemed to be arranging to do a TrueGamers guild monster combo party... however, it wasn't long before Succubus2 made an appearance at the Sphinx Fighters, though she didn't do any fighting that I saw, just mentioning that she didn't have a weapon. There was a mage fighting there, no more than level 35, and she teamed with the TrueGamers member DivaRoza, an archer, for a while. Oh yes, and SugaRush did turn up eventually, she can't keep away...

So, it wasn't a very long session, and it wasn't very intense; Rage just went up 5.60%, and Chuck 14.08%, while they each added 12 skill points, and Rage's horse added 649 pet points.

I'm afraid the normal-time Quiz was a bit of a non-event for me; I got MistressDomino and Kaerella there ready in good time, but I wasn't watching the screen, and the questions actually started pretty much on time - which meant that suddenly I respawned back in the middle of Randol. So, as I was feeling a bit tired, I just logged SirDarth and SirPerivale back in.

JadaMarie reported that she got the tool aids, but got the question about GMKrash and the "Pharaoh's Treasure" event wrong. Ratel did get all the way, but they apparently asked a "question 11" twice, and stopped on "question 19", so he, and apparently everyone else who got that far, only got five heaven stones, not the fifteen one has normally been given for getting to the end. I had seen someone a few days ago saying that the Quiz in future would only give five, so it seemed possible that this was deliberate...but actually, the Quiz was ever so slightly broken, we soon discovered.

A double upgrade-chance event was announced for nine o'clock, UK time, for half an hour, so that, combined with the shortage of new heaven stones, made for rather high HS prices. I had logged SirDarth and SirPerivale back in for pet-levelling, but Peri gave way to Rage again, after Ratel had reported the high prices, and she took some heaven stones out of her storage, since she had plenty there. People were trying to sell them for as much as 7 million each, but Rage went into merchant mode with 24 at 5 million each - and sold 16 of them before she had to log out. Adding 80 million gold like that really boosts her cash total, I must say.

The reason she had to log out was that an announcement came up, "Due to an issue with the number of questions given during the quiz, a retest will be given at 1:30 pst." So, it was time to get back to the Quiz room, and to try to be a bit more alert this go-round! Ratel of course had already logged out for the night by then, but those of us who were still online were able to get back into the Quiz room. Luckily the questions were the ones we are starting to know the answers to... I can't say that I really know the answer to whether a certain teleporter NPC is in Lust Trum or the Temple of Forgetfulness, but after the previous week I do at least know that standing on the "X" side for that one gets you kicked out.

Just about everyone in the Auzura-3 Quiz room survived right the way through to question 22, so we were able to leave happy. Kae traded across her moonstones and heaven stones to MistressDomino, who may well be attempting to sell such things in a day or two, and then they both logged out - and my two pet-levelling knights logged in again.

So, we had our excitements, they just didn't come from fighting. Darth's horse will have got at least half the way through level 22 by the time he logs out; Peri's drake is making good progress through level 34, but will still need another 90 minutes tomorrow to reach 35, I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment