Sunday 14 June 2009

Kae's Day

MistressDomino was busy overnight in Auzura-1, close to the arena in Randol, standing just near enough to a small fountain for her pet horse to also be visible. She sold all 177 of the Wendy Bear pieces I'd gathered recently, at 14,500 gold each - the last 118 all in one go, so somebody appreciated a bargain. She also sold the heaven stones I'd put up at 1.95 million each, so had left merchant mode, job done, and was just standing there with her horse when I checked this morning. SirDarth and SirPerivale both started their pet-levelling efforts fairly early, at least by Sunday standards - and then after coffee Darth took time off while Peri continued, for a change, and, having got her armour back from MistressSabina, MistressDomina was able to head out for Prokion Temple, for the first time for a week or two.

First, however, MD opened a batch of twenty Skill Boxes - and did pretty well, getting 5 platinum super skill pills (+200% skill exp for an hour) and 3 super skill pills (+100%), plus 4 skill pills (+15%), 3 effort scrolls (+50%, but only for ten minutes), and 5 five-packs of skill point boosters. So, once she had reached our favourite back room, she was able to stack an ssp and an sp, so that the Orc Axemen gave 11825 skill exp each, and the Orc Sergeants gave 10642...115% extra.

So, the "power hour", with plenty of mob-gathering and use of Flame Storm, brought in 464 skill points, and continuing on for a few minutes more got it up to 525. And then it was time for lunch, so SirDarth was able to get back into pet-levelling action.

For the afternoon session, though, it was Kaerella's turn to head out into the rolling grassy uplands of south-west Dratan, not very far from the Tomb, to visit the Sphinx types. I took Chuck, MrChuckNorris, along with me for long enough to get him up to level fifty, but Kae had started a three-hour plus 30% "medium experience elixir", so as soon as Chuck had got what he needed and levelled up, gaining 17.33% and 6 skill points, he logged out, and SirDarth was able to return to levelling his drake in Merac.

TinySickNinja was there for a while, and assured me that my boost-potion would "stack" with the 50% experience boost we were promised for the European time "early teatime", scheduled for three to five, UK time - but three o'clock came, and there was no announcement - and then four came, and there was still no announcement, so I was feeling a bit grumpy.

As well as Tiny, I heard from Corbenik, the royal knight on my friends list I've teamed with a few times; he generally only plays at weekends now, but he's level 72 with +15 gear, so doing well. Pawanvarun was also in touch, and did later appear - she's a mage, and brought a low-level friend along to boost them a bit.

She was suggesting we team in the Tomb to power-level her friend, but, with a low-level person being capped in such a party, I couldn't see that that would be any better than Pawanvarun's efforts against Sphinx Fighters. She did ask if I could let her kill the Elite Sphinx Speer Man a few times, but I pointed out that, while it did give three times the experience, it also took three times as long to kill, and hit dangerously hard, so she'd probably live longer on the regular types. I did have to save her when she got the Elite and a Fighter both chasing her, not long after.

Glamourous admired my armour; she was wearing the western-style costume cover, so I'm not sure if she is above or below my level. I admitted that I couldn't bring myself to use the schoolgirl cover costume on it, though if one does, one is "locked in" for 30 days anyway, and hopefully it will need to be passed on to Rage before then.

When my three hour elixir ran out, as there had still been no word of a "Sunday teatime", I was ready to log off for food - but I stayed a few minutes longer, as Kae's drake, SirFrancis, was about to level up, Once he had safely reached level 34, it was time to depart. The afternoon session had given Kae 34.09%, and 52 skill points, as well as 1866 pet points.

It wasn't long into the evening session, still with Kae at the Sphinx types, that I realised that it wasn't that the dozy GMs had forgotten to turn on the 50% extra experience gain for the European teatime - they'd actually forgotten to turn it off after the earlier APAC teatime, we'd been having 50% extra experience all along...and it had stacked with my 30% elixir. The Elite Sphinx Speer Man normally gives 636,593 experience, but now he was giving 954,889, 50% more, or when I had the 30% elixir running 1,241,355, 95% more, so the two boosts didn't just add together, they multiplied. I started a second three-hour elixir quickly, though it still had about ten minutes left to run when I had to return to Randol for the Quiz.

SugaRush had a session with the Sphinx types in the evening, and Succubus2 was also around for a while, but generally I was just concentrating on moving my experience percentage along

Ratel had told me earlier that he would be unable to come to this week's Quiz, and I'd said that he probably wouldn't be missing much...and I was right. In Auzura-3 we got as far as the fifteenth question, which if we'd got right would have given us the ten moonstones, but the question, as to whether a certain teleporter NPC was in the Forgotten Temple or Lust Trum Tower, stumped us all. Somebody ran purposefully to the "X" side so we all followed, but that was the wrong side, sigh, and once again the doors had been closed to prevent people from getting back in. Ah well, at least we got the tool aids - it looks as if the price of heaven stones is going to rise this week.

Despite the fine words about the latest patch curing "the Black Screen of Randol" after the Quiz, when I tried to log SirDarth back in, there it was - luckily my second attempt worked, however, and Darth was able to return to his Berserker. Things were awfully slow trying to to add an item to the Merchant House, though, and getting Kae and Darth back into a solo party. Still, it was only another 8% I needed to get Kae up to level 65, so I went back out to the Sphinx types.

In all, the evening session added 45.91%, along with another 81 skill points and 2471 pet points, so I certainly kept busy. Once Kaerella had at last reached her new level, though, it was time to head back to town. It's not a level with any new skills coming available, the next one comes at level 66 (a new level of Slow Shot, so that the speed decrease moves from 55% to 60%, with the damage also increasing usefully), but the main thing is that Kae can now use her new bow.

The level 65 Wabbershainw Bow +15 gave 239 +420 +75 attack, so that Kae's physical offence stat was 1339; the new level 69 Eblin Bow +15 gives 264 +464 + 75, for a 1404 stat. That may be a little under 5% more, but it will certainly help next time Kae is in the Tomb of Theos. She may well be able to wear the next set of armour's gloves, too, come to that, if I can find a ready-plussed pair at a not too unreasonable price...or is this the level at which one stops being able to wear items that are 5 levels higher? Oh well, if I buy the gloves I guess I'll find out.

The evening ended quietly, as usual, with SirDarth and SirPerivale at work. Darth's drake will I think reach level 28 before log-out time, but Peri's looks as if it will end the day just short of level 36.

No comments:

Post a Comment